Devils Website

Earnie

:DWD
Temme said:
Welshy74 said:
So is this different now to the £15 we paid on our ST for the supporters club?

"Managing Director Brent Pope confirms that all benefits offered by the RASC membership will be honoured going forward and more information will follow."

taken from the 3rd/4th line: http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/devil ... g-forward/

All benefits will remain the same.

And those benefits are? Someone remind me please.

RASC /CDSL - I just don't grasp it. I think I am paid up for both.

mazza03

Sheincar said:
Have to say the best thing I ever did was step back & resume just being a supporter because the behind the scenes politics drags you down. Yes it's Ragan's club but personally I would prefer an independent supporters club. Others are apparently happy with the new set up, well good luck to you. I won't be blackmailed into joining it though.
This is what I did as well and I enjoy my hockey much more now and if trueth be known I don't really care who runs the supporters club.

Foxy

Supporters club was at its best when it was run by the fans for the fans. If the club wanted money they only had to ask.

When the club has become involved it politics and imo personal blackmail to get fans to stump up more and more money. No thanks i'll take my chance on where i'll sit. I like to know where my money is going and not slipping out of any backdoor thank you..........

Again let me try and dispel these vile and ugly rumours because nothing could be further from the truth..

For clarification and as I understand it the original name of the supporters club was the Cardiff Devils Supporters Club (CDSC) but many seasons later after following some legal advice the supporters club changed it’s name when it became a limited company and was renamed the Cardiff Devils Supporters Limited (CDSL). Following the slow demise of the supporters club due in no small part to some unscrupulous owners who eventually refused to recognise the supporters club and wanted complete control and thereafter organised a failed Booster Club. The supporters club was reborn in 2008 at the request from Matt Burge (.. the then owner of the club). Recently the supporters changed it’s name again to become the Red Army Supporters Club (RASC) in response to the request by Paul Ragan who wanted a re branding under the collective corporate image of the Red Army brand. And more recently the supporters club have become a member of the Red Army Stakeholders forum, which is an umbrella organisation. In essence no matter what the name says on the tin, it was and still is a supporters club at heart..

Every volunteer involved with the supporters club totally refute’s the claim that they “..are no longer working for the benefit of the fans.” Everyone involved with the supporters club is first and foremost a “fan” of the Cardiff Devils and they have volunteered because they want to contrubite in some way towards helping the club. All volunteers work tirelessly for the benefit of the club and the supporters club membership, who are the “fans”..

Everyone who has ever attended the stakeholders meeting on behalf of the supporters club totally refute the vile allegation that they have lied or made excuses for not attending the stakeholders meeting. This is totally untrue. Every member of the supporters club has at all times conducted themselves in a professional manor and have had legitimate reasons for not attending a meeting and have then informed, sent apologise to the Chairman of the stakeholders group for nonattendance..

And finally since it’s rebirth volunteer members of the supporters club have actively been engaged with many different aspects of the club, in front of and behind the scenes, each and every season since 2008 including the suggestion of the creation of the stakeholders forum, the attendance of the first meeting of the stakeholders group and active contribution towards the formation of the aims and objectives of this group which were agreed at the first meeting, in summary; to act like an umbrella organisation where all interested and independent parties i.e. Red Army Travel, the Inferno and the supporters club etc can meet and share mutual support, aims and objectives with the Cardiff Devils organisation.

Since it’s rebirth the current volunteer members of the supporters club have tried to emulate the same “core” aims and objectives of the original supporters club. And I am sure as egg’s are eggs you may find some new volunteers but most of the current membership and volunteers of the supporters club are ferociously proud of their “independence” from the club and loyalty towards the Cardiff Devils ice hockey team.

And finally in my opinion there is no justifiable reason to write on this forum such unfounded and vile criticism of the good intentions of and thankless efforts made by a small group of dedicated volunteers..

andrew said:
Again let me try and dispel these vile and ugly rumours because nothing could be further from the truth..

For clarification and as I understand it the original name of the supporters club was the Cardiff Devils Supporters Club (CDSC) but many seasons later after following some legal advice the supporters club changed it’s name when it became a limited company and was renamed the Cardiff Devils Supporters Limited (CDSL). Following the slow demise of the supporters club due in no small part to some unscrupulous owners who eventually refused to recognise the supporters club and wanted complete control and thereafter organised a failed Booster Club. The supporters club was reborn in 2008 at the request from Matt Burge (.. the then owner of the club). Recently the supporters changed it’s name again to become the Red Army Supporters Club (RASC) in response to the request by Paul Ragan who wanted a re branding under the collective corporate image of the Red Army brand. And more recently the supporters club have become a member of the Red Army Stakeholders forum, which is an umbrella organisation. In essence no matter what the name says on the tin, it was and still is a supporters club at heart..

Every volunteer involved with the supporters club totally refute’s the claim that they “..are no longer working for the benefit of the fans.” Everyone involved with the supporters club is first and foremost a “fan” of the Cardiff Devils and they have volunteered because they want to contrubite in some way towards helping the club. All volunteers work tirelessly for the benefit of the club and the supporters club membership, who are the “fans”..

Everyone who has ever attended the stakeholders meeting on behalf of the supporters club totally refute the vile allegation that they have lied or made excuses for not attending the stakeholders meeting. This is totally untrue. Every member of the supporters club has at all times conducted themselves in a professional manor and have had legitimate reasons for not attending a meeting and have then informed, sent apologise to the Chairman of the stakeholders group for nonattendance..

And finally since it’s rebirth volunteer members of the supporters club have actively been engaged with many different aspects of the club, in front of and behind the scenes, each and every season since 2008 including the suggestion of the creation of the stakeholders forum, the attendance of the first meeting of the stakeholders group and active contribution towards the formation of the aims and objectives of this group which were agreed at the first meeting, in summary; to act like an umbrella organisation where all interested and independent parties i.e. Red Army Travel, the Inferno and the supporters club etc can meet and share mutual support, aims and objectives with the Cardiff Devils organisation.

Since it’s rebirth the current volunteer members of the supporters club have tried to emulate the same “core” aims and objectives of the original supporters club. And I am sure as egg’s are eggs you may find some new volunteers but most of the current membership and volunteers of the supporters club are ferociously proud of their “independence” from the club and loyalty towards the Cardiff Devils ice hockey team.

And finally in my opinion there is no justifiable reason to write on this forum such unfounded and vile criticism of the good intentions of and thankless efforts made by a small group of dedicated volunteers..
Is the bold bit inferring that the New Supporters set up is not independent ?

Diafol

Looks fine to me, I sometimes have problems if I'm viewing in IE when all I seem to see is the background, but it's OK in Chrome at the moment.

D

Deleted member 1337

Yeh, it took me a while to figure out what was happening, but once i played around with the zoom a bit it was fine then