Disgusting opinions on twitter of the incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justtw

Thread starter #1
Absolutely furious at the hate mail that has been sent to Petgrave but reading these tweets has made my blood boil!!!!!

James

Administrator
The incident is international news with all the NHL clubs and a lot of others paying condolences. Unfortunately the farther the story goes the more likely it is to attract this sort of hate. No one sensible is going to give these opinions and credence, its better to focus on the many positive messages and let it drown out these idiots

E.D.S.

Personally, I don’t feel this thread is helpful. Most of us have seen the disgusting posts on line, I don’t see the value in giving it more air time on here and those that haven’t been exposed to it, are now seeing it here.

In my opinion the best thing we can do is ignore it here. If you see it on line, report it, block it but it doesn’t need to be surfaced here.

Remove the topic of it being a hockey player that tragically died and you’re left with ‘hate’. You get ‘hate’ and vile behaviour with any topic that is online - it’s the down side of social media.

For me the only focus at the moment needs to be on all those impacted by the tragic circumstances. We don’t need the distraction of ‘hate’ campaigns. Personal view.

It’s still too raw.

I imagine games to be cancelled this week and for some time. This whole thing needs time to grieve and pass.

Justtw

Thread starter #12
Urgh! The biggest nob in the NHL, Sean Avery has chimed in and said Matt Petgrade was "absolutely" trying to make contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.