Votes: 43 28.9%
  • No

Votes: 106 71.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wannabe2

I am sure you will all be pleased with my rebrand as a Silent Spectator, no more drums in Block 4 and if the hockey isn't a great improvement on last season this will be my last season
Hope you don’t mean that brother, that’s some heavy shit we didn’t do all that work to kick it into touch. Time for a rethink me thinks.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #190
I'm not going to hijack Steve's interview topic as it's a brilliant read and great response.
So on this thread I would like to respond to this comment:-

"The reaction on the Inferno is a perfect case study in this effect. In the thread talking about the logo change, there were somewhere between 400 and 500 posts on that thread. Incredible to note that three very vocal fans posted more than 100 times just between the three of them. So the default feeling of other fans becomes that of the most vocal. This can many times erroneously be viewed as “general opinion” when it may not necessarily be the case"

I don't believe they who posts most becomes the voice and opinion of the fans otherwise lloyd_jeff would be our leader.
The poll is the standard bearer of the opinion in this case on this thread.
All members had their chance to vote, it was open for 2 weeks and the response is what it is for this poll alone, this isn't obviously the voice of all fans BUT you can only go by those who voted.

Last edited:

E.D.S.

I'm not going to hijack Steve's interview topic as it's a brilliant read and great response.
So on this thread I would like to respond to this comment:-

"The reaction on the Inferno is a perfect case study in this effect. In the thread talking about the logo change, there were somewhere between 400 and 500 posts on that thread. Incredible to note that three very vocal fans posted more than 100 times just between the three of them. So the default feeling of other fans becomes that of the most vocal. This can many times erroneously be viewed as “general opinion” when it may not necessarily be the case"

I don't believe they who posts most becomes the voice and opinion of the fans otherwise lloyd_jeff would be our leader.
The poll is the standard bearer of the opinion in this case on this thread.
All members had their chance to vote, it was open for 2 weeks and the response is what it is for this poll alone, this isn't obviously the voice of all fans BUT you can only go by those who voted.
I think they call that ‘spin’ from Steve. The polls don’t lie. They also don’t matter but kudos to those three who have posted 100 times.

At the end of the day the new brand/logo isn’t for me - as in I’m not the target audience - as I’m an existing fan. If what they are saying is true then that hideous bit of clip art that is our new logo is designed to grow us and hit new people. How on earth someone will know that’s the Cardiff Devils from that logo I’ll never know but that isn’t for me to worry about - so may be it’s right or you can say it’s “worked” because as an existing fan who is already captured by everything Devils, this new logo is for those that aren’t.

It’s just a shame the old logo is not the face of the Devils any more. Some retro stuff with that logo on could be a winner but it’s a shame that the old one won’t be as visible - not the end of the world.

E.D.S.

Last point.. then I’ll retire with a 100 posts not out. I’ve seen two brilliant Cardiff Devils billboards on the way into town. Advertising upcoming games, not a new logo anywhere to be seen. I don’t understand that.

Mooney#16

I’m not saying I agree with the execution of the rebrand or how it was rolled out. It was very corporate in delivery and some of it was pure BS and simply not needed. Devils fans are passionate but very black and white. What was delivered was all shades of neon vomit and no one swallowed it.

How ever the logo itself I think will grow on people. When you actually look at a whole host nhl logos the simple ones work best but also ones that can be reproduced in any size and still hold the image. Of the ones below I think it’s the simplist that pop out. Seattle probably the best followed by the likes of Calgary and Philly. Whether you actually like the logo is personal choice but I get it will be more recognisable once it’s established.
6FCE1882-4D5E-4DCD-B7F0-423B88DD96BD.jpeg

Also I’m intrigued if Devils actually own the old logo or if the rights are held by someone else and used on licence. If on licence then if it was renewal time and the owner wanted crazy money or wouldn’t sell then the other option would be to re brand. Not my place to know but would present a different motivation.

Diafol

"It’s just a shame the old logo is not the face of the Devils any more. Some retro stuff with that logo on could be a winner but it’s a shame that the old one won’t be as visible - not the end of the world."

For a brief period around 2009 there was a "D" style logo which I think is currently used by the Junior Devils ?
Looked quite smart as I recall, but I digress.

That logo was used as an "alternate" logo with the "traditional" Devils logo.

Could we do the same sort of thing from this season maybe ?
Although I think Mooney could be on to something here with the licence, maybe that's the issue.

lloyd_jeff

So ignoring the most basic business principles, is not the problem, it’s three people who’ve posted the most, that’s scrapping the barrel. Sorry the whole situation could’ve been avoided if the person signing off the design had watched one episode of the Apprentice. I don’t really get why people still can’t grasp the majority of comments are not against rebranding, not against simplifying the logo, it’s the fact it’s a logo, which didn’t get any customer input, that didn’t gauge the popularity of the design, which has now overwhelmingly been viewed negatively. Surely you’d want to rebrand with a design that most surveys returned a positive reaction.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #197
When you actually look at a whole host nhl logos the simple ones work best but also ones that can be reproduced in any size and still hold the image. Of the ones below I think it’s the simplist that pop out. Seattle probably the best followed by the likes of Calgary and Philly. Whether you actually like the logo is personal choice but I get it will be more recognisable once it’s established.
For me it's no the fact we have a rebrand, i don't believe in standing still, rebrands can be amazing. It's not the fact that it's a simple design, simple can also be good. The fly in the ointment for me is the logo design is just bad and here are a few simple devil logos that are simple and much better, clean lines, simple design, simple colours:-

images (1).jpg images.jpg download.png download.jpg

download (1).png

These were in the first few pics when i did a search, didn't go in to any great length to find them.
So in showing these obviously they are being used elsewhere, i'm not saying "Use these", what i'm trying to show is simple designs to depict a devil that look better than the one that was designed for our team.

Last edited:

Ocko

For me it's no the fact we have a rebrand, i don't believe in standing still, rebrands can be amazing. It's not the fact that it's a simple design, simple can also be good. The fly in the ointment for me is the logo design is just bad and here are a few simple devil logos that are simple and much better, clean lines, simple design, simple colours:-

View attachment 2335 View attachment 2336 View attachment 2337 View attachment 2338

These were in the first few pics when i did a search, didn't go in to any great length to find them.
So in showing these obviously they are being used elsewhere, i'm not saying "Use these", what i'm trying to show is simple designs to depict a devil that look better than the one that was designed for our team.
I don’t think any of those are better than the one we have.

People don’t want to like the new logo. No matter how good it is, it’ll never be liked.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #199
Again it's every individuals opinion and i respect yours , i myself welcome a new logo, I don't like the new one, its as plain and simple as that for me with no other motive and i myself prefer the ones i have shown above and both our opinions are valid for ourselves so i thank you for yours.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.