Votes: 43 28.9%
  • No

Votes: 106 71.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

E.D.S.

So, just curious, people who said they would never set foot in the rink again because of the logo - have you ?
Is the new logo on merch selling well ? ( visible around the rink ) or as some predicted, sales would be damaged ?
Is the rink half empty or have there been mostly sellouts ??
I don't particularly like the new logo but as I haven't been down to a home game yet just wanted to see if some of the drama spouted when the logo came out has been proved correct.

Great win tonight!

Who said any of this?

Are you just gas lighting?

Might be an idea to come and see for yourself.

Chris

Administrator

moggy#9

I'm not sure you can claim either of those things, you only need to look through the original thread from about page #4 I think to see some of the more incredible reactions...

http://the-inferno.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/3rd-august.13784/
Really, I got up to the end of page 11 before I got bored. I saw lots of comments about the logo being awful (I still think it is), and lots of people saying that they wouldn't want to buy it (clearly silver people are happy to). I haven't seen, and neither do I recall, anyone saying they wouldn't watch the devils anymore. If there is such an example, if he happy to concede that point.

Generally speaking though, when a new account pops up on a topic like that it's generally likely to be a troll.

Chris

Administrator
I disagree.

They have been a member for 18 months, they haven't posted very much i'll grant you that, but they aren't a new account.

As you gave up on page 11, here are some quotes for you...
This logo de-brand is an absolute car crash! Why change a perfectly good logo? A great logo even!
Yet the club have binned it for this rubbish design, just why have the club done this? There is a penguin on the logo, or is it a seal? This is embarrassing. Why was there no fan consultation over this? Don't the fans matter? I was going to go to the arena tomorrow to re-new my ST, I don't think I'll bother now.
And...
The more I look at it the more I am baffled, why has this been done?
Clearly this hasn't gone down well judging by the groundswell of criticism here, the club have scored a massive own goal with this appalling decision, and to not even bother to consult the fans first shows contempt by who has made this decision, no difficult to work out who.
The club have binned our great logo for that LimeGreen rubbish. After many years as a ST holder I am moving my cash back to Cardiff City.
And...
A total and utter disaster and contains nothing that the first logo had. The person who designed that should resign, the person who approved it should resign and if anyone cares at the club, take on board that you have made a monumental balls up on multiple levels with this and alienated your fanbase, so swallow your pride and row-back on it !!!!
And...
I'm baffled, I'm set in my ways like a lot of the fan base and don't like change, but ffs if a change is needed get it right Todd. I don't know what is worse the new logo or the ice sponsorship, way too busy for my liking but I know it's progress to bring in more money to afford better players , well done JD you've done your job but it's not for me, I'm guessing we'll have an edge over visiting teams having to use a white puck so players can see it over all that black ice. I'd say to Todd you looked both stupid and desperate trying to say there was a C and D incorporated in the logo I was cringing. Lime green tangerine , Todd and owners, take a step back, look at the fans reactions, hold your hands up and admit you've got this horribly wrong, I don't think they will as a little arrogance and complacency is creeping into the club. It's becoming a do as we say attitude towards us fans, interested to know if any other fans feeling like last night setting us back to ragans reign ?
And...
If you to want to connect more through marketing spiel and branding, how's this statement fit: I identify less with the Cardiff Devils team with the new logo, than I did with the previous one.
And...
This is not a club i now recognise. It just seems that that fans are being taken for mugs. We get to have crappy a brand of hockey but told every season we have a physical team, we now have an ice pad that resembles the classified ads of a local rag, a shirt logo that doesnt bring the team "closer to the fans" as some idiot thought it would, replica jerseys at a stupid price and the arena, well, others have expressed views on that.

If a rebranding was necessary at least have the bollocks to have some kind of fan consultation/interaction as you would have probably saved yourself thousands of pounds.

My interest in this club has waned over the last couple of years and this season now i have zero interest.
I don't have the time or the inclination to go through the rest of the thread to find quotes for you, but they are there, and on other threads from around the same time.

moggy#9

I disagree.

They have been a member for 18 months, they haven't posted very much i'll grant you that, but they aren't a new account.

As you gave up on page 11, here are some quotes for you...

And...

And...

And...

And...

And...

I don't have the time or the inclination to go through the rest of the thread to find quotes for you, but they are there, and on other threads from around the same time.
Ok, I've misunderstood the meaning of the new member tag, so apologies for that. However even out of those listed a couple said they wouldn't bother with season tickets, not that they'd never watch the team again - two very different things.

I suspect that a lot of people's opinions on the logo haven't changed but, like myself have decided to move on and live with it. I still don't plan on buying any of the new merch though.

Diafol

I would guess most people would say:

I still don't like it.
I'm not buying any merch.
I'm still going to games and supporting the team 100%.

I could barely see the logo on the jerseys from where I was sitting this afternoon but I sure knew which set of players I was supporting.

Who said any of this?

Are you just gas lighting?

Might be an idea to come and see for yourself.
Comments were said over other Social media media platforms.

No I am not gas lighting.

Been a Devils fan for 22 years. I live 250 m8les away and cannot afford the petrol, plus I work weekends.

Oh, and I have been a member for a few years, I just forgot my password on my old account !!

E.D.S.

I'm not sure you can claim either of those things, you only need to look through the original thread from about page #4 I think to see some of the more incredible reactions...
I don't agree. I think you can easily say it. I see two posts, in that montage, alluding to not coming due to logo changes and during the time of this debate there were hardly any saying they would no longer attend. That wouldn't equate to "half empty arenas". At the time, the overwhelming majority said they didn't like the logo but also said it wouldn't change their attendance or love for the Devils, whilst constantly asking for some perspective. There were constant inflammatory remarks about fans throwing toys out and not attending from those posters who were referring to fans as "dinosaurs" and not able to "cope with change" but the reality was very different.

This original post from Gwen, seemed along the same inflammatory lines given that its very easy to find attendance figures and the fact the Devils website proudly advertises the limited available seats for every home game, and then also go on to refer to it as a "hell out". I'm sure a fan of 22 years given they live so far away would be accessing the Devils Website, Elite League Website or watching games remotely on Devils TV to be able to see if Devils were playing in "half empty arenas." Then there's the dismissive language of "drama spouted" in the post. It wasn't "drama spouted" it was people' opinions. Some more dramatic than others but the strength of feeling was there. At no point did anyone think we'd be playing in front of "half empty arenas".

Complete gas lighting in my opinion and given they haven't posted for 18 months, after a fantastic 4 point weekend, 2 of those coming away in Sheffield, their only contribution to this forum for some time was to bring up the logo. Strange behaviour.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #251
Since I joined this forum I have seen many "in the heat of the moment" comments, I'm sure we've all done it at some point. The seasons here, the logos staying and if anyone has stayed away due to the logo (which I doubt anyone has) then let them get on with it.
Many will stand by their initial comments and thoughts but they will still support this team.

tim78

Maybe we should chip in some funds and ask the Admins if they can get a colour code scheme for posts, so peps can help get there sentiment across; -
Yellow for Jovial, Red for Angry, Blue for emotional, green for neutral, Pink for trolling, Teal for Squeelers fans, etc

(This post was Lime Green)

moggy#9

Maybe we should chip in some funds and ask the Admins if they can get a colour code scheme for posts, so peps can help get there sentiment across; -
Yellow for Jovial, Red for Angry, Blue for emotional, green for neutral, Pink for trolling, Teal for Squeelers fans, etc

(This post was Lime Green)
Isn't that what the effective use of English and, if that fails, emojis are for?

Kevlar68

Thread starter #255
Why can't we have poutine at the arena?

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Why do I always get the cubical without toilet roll?

Why don't I really care either way?

There we go, it's not difficult if you can be arsed, I don't think I could be arsed. Now which colour should my sentence be in?

I don't agree. I think you can easily say it. I see two posts, in that montage, alluding to not coming due to logo changes and during the time of this debate there were hardly any saying they would no longer attend. That wouldn't equate to "half empty arenas". At the time, the overwhelming majority said they didn't like the logo but also said it wouldn't change their attendance or love for the Devils, whilst constantly asking for some perspective. There were constant inflammatory remarks about fans throwing toys out and not attending from those posters who were referring to fans as "dinosaurs" and not able to "cope with change" but the reality was very different.

This original post from Gwen, seemed along the same inflammatory lines given that its very easy to find attendance figures and the fact the Devils website proudly advertises the limited available seats for every home game, and then also go on to refer to it as a "hell out". I'm sure a fan of 22 years given they live so far away would be accessing the Devils Website, Elite League Website or watching games remotely on Devils TV to be able to see if Devils were playing in "half empty arenas." Then there's the dismissive language of "drama spouted" in the post. It wasn't "drama spouted" it was people' opinions. Some more dramatic than others but the strength of feeling was there. At no point did anyone think we'd be playing in front of "half empty arenas".

Complete gas lighting in my opinion and given they haven't posted for 18 months, after a fantastic 4 point weekend, 2 of those coming away in Sheffield, their only contribution to this forum for some time was to bring up the logo. Strange behaviour.
Well you would be totally wrong. I haven't posted as i havent felt the need or should I say that I haven't wanted to post. I do come on here .

I can't see that has any bearing. I have been on THF for donkeys years but have posted about 10 times.

Been a hockey fan for over 40years and don't really bother with 'online' stuff.

I read this thread and asked three simple questions and yet you seem to have summed me up.

And you wonder why I don't post much.

Strange old world

Kevlar68

Thread starter #260
@GWENS 3 questions. I will answer as I see it.

1/ As you stated yourself "Comments were said over other Social media platforms", on here I've only seen people say they wouldn't renew their season tickets, I can't remember reading members saying they'll never go to a game again.

2/ As for sales only the club knows the truth, not many businesses would openly admit that sales are down. I know that from experience I've had with a multi national company, even when a company I worked for was going down the tube's they said sales were going great and forked out a million pound refurb on one single building only to close 11 months later and the company collapse.

3/ When I have gone on to look for tickets for certain games that would sell out fast I have seen many tickets still available also block 4 that I had my season ticket in seems to have many more seats available this season and less season ticket holder seats.

So I'd sum it up by saying fans are still going no matter all the bluster, merch sales I'm sure are very good but ticket sales to me when looking seem slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.