Double Header Offer

nmase20 said:
student tickets are £9 therefore saving £2, according to the planet ice website adults tickets are £13 :?
so by getting student discount you are actually saving £12 compared to 2 games at regular price.

Ger-Devils

nmase20 said:
how can you possibly compare it like that?? its a saving of £2 which imo isnt that great a deal.
£2 is £2 at the end of the day. I get my tickets on the day so would be a £5 saving for me so happy days. It doesn't seem like alot but alot of people will appreciate it no doubt

is £14.50 the price you pay if you buy tickets on the day? i didn't realise it was more expensive than if you book.
Don't get me wrong i do think its a good idea doing the offer, i just think that if they really want to try and drive the crowd in for the two games then they could offer a little bit more than a £2 saving.

Gazza272

nmase20 said:
is £14.50 the price you pay if you buy tickets on the day? i didn't realise it was more expensive than if you book.
Don't get me wrong i do think its a good idea doing the offer, i just think that if they really want to try and drive the crowd in for the two games then they could offer a little bit more than a £2 saving.

But they are alreayd making a loss on the tickets by making them a student ticket anyway, so an extra £2 is a nice gesture i think. As pointed out else where the big saving is on the adults tickets which make up imo the majority of the paying fan base.

I think £2 is more than fair.

jcb

On the pay in advance tickets it's a saving of 8.3%, which when compared to either the current rate of inflation or average pay increases is rather generous. On the other side of the coin it will be a potential loss of 8.3% to the club who will need approx an extra 150 or so full price paying punters to break even.

Not that bad an offer IMO especially if you buy your tickets as a walk up.

Gazza272 said:
But they are alreayd making a loss on the tickets by making them a student ticket anyway, so an extra £2 is a nice gesture i think. As pointed out else where the big saving is on the adults tickets which make up imo the majority of the paying fan base.
Thats very true and i hadn't thought about that, although i was never actually focusing on the student price its just thats where this has lead. I do very much appreciate the cheaper tickets offered to students.
I was basing what im saying on the devils website which said adult tickets are £13, so they also have a saving of £2, i didnt realise that walkup prices were £14.50 so yes that is a good offer. But i will stand by the fact that i don't believe a £2 difference is really that big a deal. If your planning on attending both games then yeah its great, but i can't see it getting people who were only planning on attending 1 thinking actually, i'll go to both as im now saving £2.

drainage

Personally as ST holder you could argue there should be no savings (we dont get them ) however anything that gets bums on seats and maybe gets returning fans (if they like what they see) gets my vote - £2 its a saving surely ???

I vote for anything , as long as its not discounted tickets week on week , that promotes the sport I love.

And also there are a lot of fans who go every week without ST - they get the saving too so fair enough in my view

Gazza272 said:
Adult tickets making up the majority of the fan base? There's a lot of children, OAP's, students and disabled people who pay concessionary rates. If it is a majority I can't see it being anything over 60%.

Hmmm, I'll try and put this as succintly as I can.

In theory it seems as though it's making a loss but in reality I'm not so sure. For starters you'd never sell EVERY ticket in the rink for £14.50 (or whatever the adult price is) so offering cheaper tickets to a massive group is a way to fill it up. I do wonder what percentage of the crowd are genuinely students paying student prices.

If the club took away those benefits to students then I'm sure you'd see a lot more empty seats and a lot of those students (not the school/college ones) keeping their £14.50 in their pockets. For me that's a night out and a takeaway at the end of it and I'm sure most students would rather spend their money on that...

I guess my point is - £9 is better than nowt. There is a lot of advertising in the Student's Union and student pubs.

I wonder if the poorer crowds over the last two weeks (minus Boxing Day) co-incided with the uni holiday?! Obviously the Christmas spend plays a big part for families as well.

And Finny, how can I get a proper job if I don't have one at all?! :p

£2 is a very generous offer, but to be honest, my favourite word is free. :lol:

Ger-Devils

drainage said:
Personally as ST holder you could argue there should be no savings (we dont get them ) however anything that gets bums on seats and maybe gets returning fans (if they like what they see) gets my vote - £2 its a saving surely ???

I vote for anything , as long as its not discounted tickets week on week , that promotes the sport I love.

And also there are a lot of fans who go every week without ST - they get the saving too so fair enough in my view
Yup I'm one of these. Think I've missed 1 maybe 2 games so far this year. Wasn't sure about getting a ST due to having a Cardiff City season ticket and playing sport myself but think I will get one next year

Ger-Devils

Holl_5 said:
Gazza272 said:
Adult tickets making up the majority of the fan base? There's a lot of children, OAP's, students and disabled people who pay concessionary rates. If it is a majority I can't see it being anything over 60%.

Hmmm, I'll try and put this as succintly as I can.

In theory it seems as though it's making a loss but in reality I'm not so sure. For starters you'd never sell EVERY ticket in the rink for £14.50 (or whatever the adult price is) so offering cheaper tickets to a massive group is a way to fill it up. I do wonder what percentage of the crowd are genuinely students paying student prices.

If the club took away those benefits to students then I'm sure you'd see a lot more empty seats and a lot of those students (not the school/college ones) keeping their £14.50 in their pockets. For me that's a night out and a takeaway at the end of it and I'm sure most students would rather spend their money on that...

I guess my point is - £9 is better than nowt. There is a lot of advertising in the Student's Union and student pubs.

I wonder if the poorer crowds over the last two weeks (minus Boxing Day) co-incided with the uni holiday?! Obviously the Christmas spend plays a big part for families as well.

And Finny, how can I get a proper job if I don't have one at all?! :p

£2 is a very generous offer, but to be honest, my favourite word is free. :lol:

If you want free, then go to a Cardiff Blues game, they're always throwing free tickets out! :lol: