Doug Maciver

Gazza272

keenosontheplexi said:
Confirmed today that Doug has signed for the new CHL expansion team Missouri Mavericks (along with our very own favourite.........Carlyle Lewis).

Thats an interesting pair to sign together given thier spats last season

Gazza272 said:
keenosontheplexi said:
Confirmed today that Doug has signed for the new CHL expansion team Missouri Mavericks (along with our very own favourite.........Carlyle Lewis).

Thats an interesting pair to sign together given thier spats last season
good luck dougie!

scottydoesntknow said:
According to Doug, Edinburgh offered him a contract the other day, but he had already signed in the CHL.

I'm glad he hasn't signed for another team in this league. :)
yeah im pretty glad he didnt sign for another team, he would of been a big tough dman for us to get past.

ASHIPP

Good luck to Doug - hope he has a good season with his new team. He'll be top of the pecking order of enforcers in that team - Lewis can take on the fights...if Doug gives him permission! :lol:

Spatzy said:
scottydoesntknow said:
According to Doug, Edinburgh offered him a contract the other day, but he had already signed in the CHL.

yeah im pretty glad he didnt sign for another team, he would of been a big tough dman for us to get past.
I disagree Maciver is a slouch, nice guy but for me whenever you watched him skate last season he was so slow it was like he was skating in wellies, our first line this season would skin him every time no problem, and as for tough he was a bit of a wet fart IMHO.

Cheers Dave.

Ocko

dave hardman said:
Spatzy said:
scottydoesntknow said:

I disagree Maciver is a slouch, nice guy but for me whenever you watched him skate last season he was so slow it was like he was skating in wellies, our first line this season would skin him every time no problem, and as for tough he was a bit of a wet fart IMHO.

Cheers Dave.
Agree, he has the turning circle of a cruise liner and was probaby the softest heavyweight in the league. He had plenty of fights but I cant remember him throwing a single decent punch.

Wannabe2

However there is a saying in hockey which says.
Its not how many fights you win, but how many you turn up for.
Doug was far from being the toughest or best fighter, but he was always there for his team mates, he was signed for a particular role, and did his best for his mates. Top player no, 100 per center yes.
Anyway all the very best in the future Doug.

Wannabe2 said:
However there is a saying in hockey which says.
Its not how many fights you win, but how many you turn up for.
Doug was far from being the toughest or best fighter, but he was always there for his team mates, he was signed for a particular role, and did his best for his mates. Top player no, 100 per center yes.
Anyway all the very best in the future Doug.
have to agree here 100% as long as he shows up thats the main thing, lets be honest would anyone really want to square up to big mac? i dont think so.