Doug McEwen

Wannabe2

Doug lives in Canada, however he is in the U.K. at the moment watching his son play for Swindon, however he possibly has returned home. Spoke to him a fortnight ago, Doug was without a doubt my favourite player, and felt blessed to call him a friend.

We signed Doug after Paul Castron pulled out of his contact 2 days before the start of tyhe 1989/90 season. The rest is history as they say

Doug did play for Lee Valley after being released by Peterborough. on Oct 9th 1988 the devils were beated 11-8 at Lee Valley and Grek registered 9+2

BostonBart22

great memories of dougy, but one bad one was when ross lambert of panthers sucker punched him from behind and laid in a brutal attack on him, the damage was already done before chinny got hold of lambert, wouldnt have got that far today, it was that bad i did hear rumors the police were called to arrest lambert on gbh. COWARD.

kettdevil1

We signed Doug after Paul Castron pulled out of his contact 2 days before the start of tyhe 1989/90 season. The rest is history as they say
I would argue Paul Castron is also a Devils legend simply for deciding not to come to us, paving the way for Doug to sign.

A superb player, very much in the Joey Martin mold but with the added ability to go coast to coast, seemingly at will.

ASHIPP

Would'nt it be fantastic to see as many of those 'Greats' as guests at one of our home games in this our 30th season ...a group ceremonial puckdrop with John Lawless, Dougie, Mo, Shinedog, The Coopers, Ivan Matulik....the list goes on.

That would be another special way to acknowledge the Club's history and the legacy of those great players.

Electro

I'd be surprised if it hasn't been attempted, considering the content of the 30 yrs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BostonBart22

Would'nt it be fantastic to see as many of those 'Greats' as guests at one of our home games in this our 30th season ...a group ceremonial puckdrop with John Lawless, Dougie, Mo, Shinedog, The Coopers, Ivan Matulik....the list goes on.

That would be another special way to acknowledge the Club's history and the legacy of those great players.
november 30th is the anniversary game v panthers so that would be ideal time for a few of the VETERANS to attend...