DTV?

Thread starter #1
It was great to see the website getting a good revamp this year and I was quite keen on the idea of DTV too

Is it just me that thinks DTV is lacking some serious footage though? There's a handfull of game clips on there and a few of those aren't even from this year, not to mention the 'hit squad' containing about 2games worth of hits.

Although I attend most games its always nice to look back at the clips. And at a time the Devils are trying to push the attendances up surely getting some footage out there can only help?

There does seem to be inconsistancys with the highlights packages going online. They are great when they get posted but at the moment its not every game which is a bit disapointing (especialy as i missed last nights 'christmas cracker' :cry: ). Hell, I'd even cough up a small subscription if that would guarentee highlights for every game within 24 hours.

While i'm no the subject of the .com it'd be great to see a section on the ENLs maybe. Even if it was just an overview and fixture list or something. Info is a bit sparse online for them which is a shame as i've seen some crackin games this year for my 4 quid.

Overall tho, great work. And i'm glad the forum is independent.

Starting to get a bit fed up of it now, we were told how amazing this new DTV would be compared to other teams 'TVs. As great as the User interface is and all that, wheres the damn content! its so inconsistent with the G's Heads up and game footage it just seems like a waste of time.
These days we seem to get promised a lot but only recieve half hearted delivery on the goods (aka the devils store).
EDIT: I know its much better than the days of BP, i just think they could get a lot further with developing the club if these problems were rectified.

A

Anonymous

Why not show live games or show games in full an hour after the game ends for a small subscription fee? This would generate a fair bit of revenue me thinks. We could even afford Zach Parise in time for next seasons charge for the title and elite league dominance!!

Thread starter #6
As mmase20 pointed out, its something we've been promissed but we've been let down with minimal content.

IMO its more dissapointing being let down on something you've been promissed, than something that was never there

James

Administrator
Mark666 said:
While i'm no the subject of the .com it'd be great to see a section on the ENLs maybe. Even if it was just an overview and fixture list or something. Info is a bit sparse online for them which is a shame as i've seen some crackin games this year for my 4 quid.
I don't think ENL games are recorded. The best you could get is a photo montage. :lol:

zoesdevil

TheDevilTorn said:
Why not show live games or show games in full an hour after the game ends for a small subscription fee? This would generate a fair bit of revenue me thinks. We could even afford Zach Parise in time for next seasons charge for the title and elite league dominance!!

Ive been thinking about this and why they dont do it as its a great idea and another way to bring money into the club for just a small subscription fee or set up a deal where u buy a few games for a certain price like a buy 3 get 1 free??? as i cant go to every home game so this would be ideal or even set up a deal wiv bbc to get the live radio broadcasts goin again??

It was mentioned at some point i believe, cant remember where, that at some point in the not too distant future, games would be broadcast live on the devils website, although considering we cant get regular footage of previous games on DTV i don't know how likely this is to actually come about.

James said:
Mark666 said:
I don't think ENL games are recorded. The best you could get is a photo montage. :lol:
I don't think Mark meant highlights... more a bit of information to spread the word so to speak... few fixtures lists, a news article here and there (which we get in fairness) a game summary and maybe some pictures from games etc.

Finny

W3LSH said:
IMO its more dissapointing being let down on something you've been promissed, than something that was never there
Really?
I would rather have something that is updated occasionally than something that doesn't exist.

I too would rather it be updated after every game, but I guess at the moment they just don't have the man hours to do it. Plus I would guess over the past couple of weeks they have had a lot of the staff off on Christmas Hols.

Perhaps when they decided to run it they didn't realise how much time it would take up. Or maybe they still haven't had what they were promised - that was on of the problems early in the season.

I can understand peoples disappointment with it so far. I imagine that the Devil's management would like more videos online too, by the sounds of things, it's been a bit more difficult than anticipated to actually get the footage online.

For now, something is better than nothing. :D

Scotty's right. I was meaning more general content on the ENLs. Its tough to find even basic info sometimes like face off time etc. A 'micro site' i believe its called within the main Devils website with roster info, schedules, bits of news etc. The ENL leagues official website is kinda lame.

Video would be a bonus tho. This saturday's game was filmed (by the Dynamo's tho, i believe, but they might be wanting to put that footage somewhere dusty :lol: ).

Thread starter #14
Finny said:
W3LSH said:
Really?
I would rather have something that is updated occasionally than something that doesn't exist.
Of course really?! The fans were promissed something, we haven't had it, thats a let down. If we weren't promissed to have something that wasn't there, we haven't been let down??

Finny said:
I too would rather it be updated after every game, but I guess at the moment they just don't have the man hours to do it. Plus I would guess over the past couple of weeks they have had a lot of the staff off on Christmas Hols.

Perhaps when they decided to run it they didn't realise how much time it would take up. Or maybe they still haven't had what they were promised - that was on of the problems early in the season.
Fair comment on staff over Christmas, but that doesn't excuse the rest of the season.

Finny

Looks like the Christmas games (Hull and Coventry) are now on Devils TV.

I presume with the backlog of games because of people having time off over christmas it's taken them a bit longer to do than normal.

Finny

What with being stuck at home because of the snow, I thought I'd have a proper look at DevilsTV.

Didn't notice it on Tuesday, but the highlights of the weekend game against Sheffield are already up there. And there is an interview with G ahead of this weekends games.

So I assume we can all be happy that it seems to be running smoothly again now?

there is a news article thingy saying that the sheffield game is up, yes i am happy now, only thing is i havent had chance to watch any of them because i've had so much coursework to do! :p

Thread starter #18
I don't want to sound like I'm constantly moaning ;) But yes I'd say I was happy, but not not because its running 'smoothly again', as it hasn't ran smoothly this far with a couple of game highlights put up all season as mentioned above. But hopefully this will be the start of it :)

Until december time it had started to run quite smoothly with game highlights and g's head up for every game, it was only for about 3/4 games though until it all stopped. But im guessing as finny said it was due to xmas holidas, so lack of staff.

Sorry to throw up an old thread but seriously how inconsistent is Devils TV? one minute you have G's heads up every week and game highlights, the next..... nothing. It's very frustrating, we were promised something better than any other service provided out there, failed to deliver im starting to think.