Ducs v Nitra

Diablo3

Why regulation? If we win in OT / Shoot Out, we’d be exactly the same.
1 Reg win, 1 OT / Shoot Out win / 1 OT Shoot Out loss.
Regulation wins are worth 3 points, we beat HK Nitra tomorrow in regulation, which judging by their performance today is really doable, we get 7 points which no-one else can match. The boys have every chance after todays win.

Jonesy83

Regulation wins are worth 3 points, we beat HK Nitra tomorrow in regulation, which judging by their performance today is really doable, we get 7 points which no-one else can match. The boys have every chance after todays win.
Yeah I get if we win in regulation it’s done and dusted. But what happens with an OT win? We’d be tied on points.

I’m guessing goal difference

august04 2.0

[
Why regulation? If we win in OT / Shoot Out, we’d be exactly the same.
1 Reg win, 1 OT / Shoot Out win / 1 OT Shoot Out loss.
A regulation win is 3 points, which would put us on 7. An OT win for us is 2 points, which puts us on 6 and Nitra on 6. An OT win for Nitra, puts them on 7 pts and they win the cup. I expect Angers to beat Asiago in regulation, which puts them on 6 too. So we could see a 3 team tie on 6 points, as Mooney mentioned. I have no idea what happens then! But a regulation win for us is unassailable and we win the cup.

tim78

I read it again as both OT and SO are 2 points for the winner and 1 for the loser.

So Nitra are on 5 points now.
Devil's are on 4 points.
Angers are on 4 points.

A Win for Angers in Reg - 7
A Win for Devs in Reg - 7.

Now I think it then goes head to head and Angers win. So we need an OT win for Angers... Does that sound right.

The tie-breaking system for two teams with the same number of points in a standing will be the game between the two teams, the winner of the game taking precedence

august04 2.0

I read it again as both OT and SO are 2 points for the winner and 1 for the loser.

So Nitra are on 5 points now.
Devil's are on 4 points.
Angers are on 4 points.

A Win for Angers in Reg - 7
A Win for Devs in Reg - 7.

Now I think it then goes head to head and Angers win. So we need an OT win for Angers... Does that sound right.

The tie-breaking system for two teams with the same number of points in a standing will be the game between the two teams, the winner of the game taking precedence
Angers are on 3. 2 pts for an OT win against us and 1 for an OT loss tonight.

Finny

Yeah I get if we win in regulation it’s done and dusted. But what happens with an OT win? We’d be tied on points.

I’m guessing goal difference
Yes. But, excluding the games against Asiago. I think.

If we win in OT on Sunday and Angers win in reg then us, Angers and Nitra all finish on 6 points. So a sub table between those three teams would be produced.
We’d still all be level on points.
We’d also all have 0 goal difference.
It would then go on goals scored and we would lose to Nitra.

So we have to win in regulation.

august04 2.0

Head to head, so Angers would take it as they beat us.
No, because that would mean all 3 teams are tied on 6. Head to head, Angers beat us, we beat Nitra, Nitra beat Angers! So then goal difference/goals scored comes into play.
We need to aim for a regulation win, it’s simple really. I would imagine the team would have settled for that scenario at the beginning of the weekend.

tim78

But Nitra get a point so 3 teams who have beaten each other are on 6 points.

So it has to go to goal difference. That 7-1 score line puts us in the front line unless Angers beat them by a bigger score.