EIHL Covid protocols kick in

Temme

no more information given on the website either.

It's such a shame - I really can't see this season playing out fully with the way the trends are heading & i suspect after Christmas they will be talking about local lockdown's again.

Rempel16

I'd imagine this throws the Devils v Panthers game on Saturday into doubt, as Storm are still pushing tickets for their home game with Clan on Sat, suggesting the protocols are within the Panthers team.

BostonBart22

could be the last game tomorrow for a while, and i firmly believe drakeford will reduce capacity for fans at sporting venues across the board..shame as it sounds but looking grim.

Wannabe2

Panthers game v the Storm tomorrow is cancelled due to Covid, it’s a problem at Nottingham so Saturdays game must be in danger surely.

So if the season does get cancelled! Who covers the cost of the players and staff etc?
There won’t be any furlough or any sort of money to help the already crippled economy ! So can’t see it happening myself. They’ve said get the jab now get the booster , if the do tighten restrictions or lockdown again there would be anarchy

Last edited:

Hedd Wyn John

Thread starter #12
So if the season does get cancelled! Who covers the cost of the players and staff etc?
There won’t be any furlough or any sort of money to help the already crippled economy ! So can’t see it happening myself. They’ve said get the jab now get the booster , if the do tighten restrictions or lockdown again there would be anarchy
Players are paid per game so basically the season ends so do the pay cheques.

matbur

It's a very difficult situation but if the health service is dangerously overrun, that will become the priority. You're right in that it raises huge issues but the health service cannot collapse.

As for the jabs and booster, it's a pandemic - the threat doesn't just go away completely as we're now seeing. If this new variant had not emerged, then we'd be in quite a different situation. The chances of new variants emerging increase with how widely the virus is able to circulate and until we're on top of it, we will continue to run the risk of ending back in this situation.

Football League clubs are worried about having to play behind closed doors once again. If that's a possibility, then there's good reason for the EIHL to be worried. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was some sort of precautionary break early in the new year.

Last edited:

Jones72

Is saturdays game off then ?
no announcement as yet, but with players testing positive in Nottingham and “Covid Protocol” being cited as reason for postponement of their game against Storm tonight…would seem unlikely that Saturday will be going ahead.

Sincerely hope that’s not the case…but I’m not holding my breath.

BostonBart22

no announcement as yet, but with players testing positive in Nottingham and “Covid Protocol” being cited as reason for postponement of their game against Storm tonight…would seem unlikely that Saturday will be going ahead.

Sincerely hope that’s not the case…but I’m not holding my breath.
Hope it goes ahead as your boy will be gutted again...