EIHL Disciplinary

Thread starter #1
Now that the dust has settled regarding Tylor's ban, what's peoples thoughts on the leagues disciplinary procedure?
My self personally voiced my own concerns at the Fan's Forum regarding this matter.
There should be an independent panel set up to review incidents with ex officials or knowledgable people who have no vested interest in any particular team within the league setup.

Take for instance, the incident at our rink against Steelers, when allegedly Ben Simon rang Mr French personally on his mobile phone to try and get the game abandoned?.

Also the panel on the Elite league show compared the incident with Tylor also the Sawyer incident in Hull where he scored a goal with the player's head!, highlighting the inconsistency with the severity of the bans dished out.
Then you've got the Penner knocking Llatullipe out with one strike to the head on the way to the penalty box!, and finally Lepine's attack on Pirpch last week. Mike was turtled on the ice and Lepine is pounding him, but the league choose to turn a blind eye to this.

Biting an official!!, what was imposed for that 2? 3? game ban, should have been kicked out the league.

All these incidents just back up my case.
This league will not improve untill provisions like this are put in place.

And nothing will change untill people at the top of the tree put the sport in this country before their own personal agenda's.

TheStub

Hit the nail on the head. The people who puppet master the league will use these bans to decide results. I can well imagine us taking insane bans, and Sheffield being docked points / getting long bans just because Regan ruffled feathers.

League needs an open board, owners should have no/minimal say in running or rules. Everything should be in the open and documented .. and carried out in a timely manner.

Only then will I actually care about league titles. Now they are agreed on the golf course and with a cheque book.

Finny

It's pathetic and a joke. If you go on the FA website it's all publically available and the system used is clearly explained.

With the EIHL it's based on who shouts loudest and how much money they need to pay officials. When Andy French can't even remember what bans he was giving out earlier in the same system - you know something is seriously wrong.

A

Anonymous

The league smells of corruption for me, always has. If it continues then our game could face a long and painful death. I wouldn't mind betting that the league (certain members) has received more back handers than a weekend at Wimbledon. That's my opinion (democracy and all that)

Bite an official = 1 game ban
Michel sucker punch = 5 game ban

If someone could explain then please do? :roll:

Perhaps a bit off topic but can anyone tell me why Voth received a game pen last week Vs Belfast?

Jones72

I'm seriously considering walking away from this sport after this season...and the only reason I'm not walking away right now is because my season ticket is paid up.

I'm sick to death of the bickering, backstabbing, political posturing, inconsistency of policy, financial instability, crooked behind-closed-door deals, and so on ad infinitum.

Frankly, I'd be better off getting my hockey fix...I really enjoy the game -when it's allowed to happen and remain the focus of attention...by spending my season ticket money on an ESPN subscription.

The real shame is that G has done a superb job for this season, and the quality of the Devils on-ice product has been the best I've seen in a long time (recent blip aside). Shame it's over-shadowed by other factors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheStub

Re: Re: EIHL Disciplinary

Jones72 said:
Frankly, I'd be better off getting my hockey fix...I really enjoy the game -when it's allowed to happen and remain the focus of attention...by spending my season ticket money on an ESPN subscription.
ESPN Player centre ice is £90 a season or £13 a month... that is unlimited access to all NHL games for this season, live and archive. Much better value than the Elite Farce League.

Actually, the technology to do something similar for our league is simple, no too expensive and yet another revenue stream the league seem to be actively avoided.

Jones72

TheStub said:
Jones72 said:
ESPN Player centre ice is £90 a season or £13 a month... that is unlimited access to all NHL games for this season, live and archive. Much better value than the Elite Farce League.
Even better...playground-politics-free hockey, and a significant saving to boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk