EIHL Fixtures 2011/12

DevilDom

That is a very tough start for us. Panthers will have a majority of the team back from last year whilst it looks like we'll have a number of new faces bedding in. If I remember rightly we had a very tough start last year as well. Can't we play the Caps about 4 times in the first few weeks like the Steelers did last year? :lol:

SFN

Looks like I'll be going to Nottingham on the third then!

This is going to be a great opening weekend.

As you've said, Panthers have retained the majority of their players from last season, where as we've lost a few key players. It will be interesting to see what G comes up with player wise before the start of the season.

Chris

Administrator
Hopefully, whoever is signed, we'll put up a better showing at the start of next season than we did in the opening game against Sheffield this season just gone.

I'll be heading up whatever, but it's always nice to not have a 3hour drive to mull over a loss :)

Chris.

TheStub

SFN said:
Looks like I'll be going to Nottingham on the third then!

This is going to be a great opening weekend.

As you've said, Panthers have retained the majority of their players from last season, where as we've lost a few key players. It will be interesting to see what G comes up with player wise before the start of the season.
I'm well up for a trip to the NIC for this. Should be a great clash.

I just hope we have had our full squad in, and had a good few practices in before we hit the NIC. With the core of Brits and a returning defence, it wont be quite as large a learning curve as normal - I just hope we get to keep a few more forwards.

SFN

TheStub said:
I'm well up for a trip to the NIC for this. Should be a great clash.

I just hope we have had our full squad in, and had a good few practices in before we hit the NIC. With the core of Brits and a returning defence, it wont be quite as large a learning curve as normal - I just hope we get to keep a few more forwards.
I've already spoken to a few of the boys over FB, and we're getting something sorted now.

Preperation is key when it comes to going up against Nottingham on home turf. They're a tough team on any given day. We really can't afford to have the whole team come together 2 days before the opening game of the season, like we've had in previous years. I honestly think G should aim to have contracts sorted and signed a good 2 weeks before the season Starts. It gives the players chance to get to know eachother and get in some good practice sessions.

I know things with contracts dont always go to plan and delays are to be expected. It just seems at times that perhaps Devils leave it a tad too late at times.

Ger-Devils

Gazza272 said:
With Fixtures already being sorted does that mean no Fife in the league next year?
Only Panthers have announced their first weekend fixtures?

Normally a league meeting to confirm the rest?

kettdevil1

Gazza272 said:
With Fixtures already being sorted does that mean no Fife in the league next year?
That was what I was thinking - how can you start to sort out fixtures before you know how many teams are in the league??

It is always possible of course, that a similar pattern will occur this year to last where some teams saved money by starting later...

wildthing74

Would not be surprised if it gets changed again anyway.Last year we went from an on paper easy start with Hull and Dundee at home to Sheff away,Belfast home and Nottingham away in the same period over the first 2 weekends and ended up dropping all 3 games.
Again you wonder how professional this league is run when 2 games are announced and nothing else.

Noooooo! Missing the Festival of Hockey as I'm going to Reading Festival and now I'll miss the first game as also going to a gig that Sunday and was praying our first game would be home on the Saturday - should I send my Money Back Guarentee form off already! I think I'll wait and see as didn't a load of fixtures get changed last year after Hull dropped out / re-entered. In the meantime, best I don't book anything else!

ASHIPP

Over on Clanfans, they seem to think that Cardiff Devils are officially announcing the double-header against Panthers (ahead of official schedule) and that both teams have arranged this between themselves, and have some sort of 'influence' over who and when they play! :roll: :oops: :lol: Some posters are jumping to all sorts of conclusions.

If their posters had bothered to read it properly, no announcement has come out from the Devils organisation about dates for league games. :roll: The Inferno (an independent fans' forum) has simply passed on information read from the Panthers.

FAO GER-DEVILS - Geraint, you are our fine Devils' fans representative on Clanfans. Please could you apply your voice of reason on there to clear up the confusion! :lol: