EIHL Player of week..Kevin Regan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Have Hope#35

Amazepux said:
Thatll be Regan top NM then on current Goals against form....I think Bowns is going backwards isnt he?
But not on saves percentage which is the more impressive stat of the two! Bowns and Regan both average more than 2 and less than 3, the rest is just decimal!

Jones72

Ah yes...because goals against is such a good measure of a netminder's performance. Netminder A faces 15 shots and lets in 2 goals. Netminder B faces 30 shots and lets in 3. Which one's better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Thread starter #23
Jones72 said:
Ah yes...because goals against is such a good measure of a netminder's performance. Netminder A faces 15 shots and lets in 2 goals. Netminder B faces 30 shots and lets in 3. Which one's better?

I agree
Regan 93.5%
Bowns 89.9%
both won 5 lost 5

Thread starter #24
Amazepux said:
Jones72 said:

I agree
Regan 93.5%
Bowns 89.9%
both won 5 lost 5
sorry won 5 lost 4

Have Hope#35

Amazepux said:
Jones72 said:

I agree
Regan 93.5%
Bowns 89.9%
both won 5 lost 5
So Bowns has played Sheffield, Nottingham and Belfast twice already and Regan has played Edinburgh, Dundee, Coventry & Sheffield... There is bound to be a measureable difference between the two leagues but I'm sure the two games against you will allow him to bring his % up ;)

Have Hope#35 said:
Amazepux said:
Jones72 said:

I agree
Regan 93.5%
Bowns 89.9%
both won 5 lost 5
So Bowns has played Sheffield, Nottingham and Belfast twice already and Regan has played Edinburgh, Dundee, Coventry & Sheffield... There is bound to be a measureable difference between the two leagues but I'm sure the two games against you will allow him to bring his % up ;)
Regan has also played Belfast and Braehead and conceeded 1 goal in those two games.

In his last 4 games he has conceeded 3 goals.

Have Hope#35

Regan has also played Belfast and Braehead and conceeded 1 goal in those two games.

In his last 4 games he has conceeded 3 goals.
Bowns has also played Braehead and Coventry and we won both those games... Does it really matter that we conceded 7goals in those games!? Look there's no doubting that Regan is a useful netminder (albeit playing in the slightly easier conference), Amazepux just seems to think this is a Fife Forum where we're all going to jump on the 'we love Regan' bandwagon! Bowns is holding his own as a Young British Netminder and I'd take the extra Import Outskater any day.

Thread starter #30
Im aware that stats are not a completely accurate way of determining performance but going by EIHL neasures Regan is after 10 games one of the best..he conceded 2 goals aganst the caps in 2 games..how many did bowns concede?

Have Hope#35

Amazepux said:
Im aware that stats are not a completely accurate way of determining performance but going by EIHL neasures Regan is after 10 games one of the best..he conceded 2 goals aganst the caps in 2 games..how many did bowns concede?
3 in one game, what about Regan versus Sheffield? 13 in two games to Bowns' 5 in two games! Ok, ok... So you have an amazing Netminder!!! One who's managed to backstop you to 9th Position in the League as things stand! Play the stats card later on in the season when we have a true reflection of things. ;)

DevilDom

I would expect Regan to have better stats than Bowns regardless of when in the season they are compared.

Reagan is an experienced import goalie whilst Bowns is a young Brit goalie still learning his trade. However what Bowns allows in terms of the extra import skater whilst still being good enough to win us games is immeasurable.

Thread starter #33
DevilDom said:
I would expect Regan to have better stats than Bowns regardless of when in the season they are compared.

Reagan is an experienced import goalie whilst Bowns is a young Brit goalie still learning his trade. However what Bowns allows in terms of the extra import skater whilst still being good enough to win us games is immeasurable.
that is a very good point...alt :pickle hough if i had legpads as massive as hisbud ve good for a +90% average!

Have Hope#35

Amazepux said:
DevilDom said:

that is a very good point...alt :pickle hough if i had legpads as massive as hisbud ve good for a +90% average!
Do you have the translation for this? ^^^

Have Hope#35

DevilDom said:
I tend to share the same opinion as you DevilDom but that wasn't the case last season! I know Bowns had the benefit of an extra season in the EIHL with Hull but in a team that finished 1place below Fife... Bowns managed to post .907% in 59Games to Regan's .900% in 54Games.
I'm aware there's nothing between them but I reckon once Bowns settles fully into the new team, in the tougher Conference he'll be able to match Regan's stats at worst!

Wannabe2

Sorry but a team may only be as good as it's Nettie, but a Nettie is only as good as his team. It's teamwork that counts, hope Fife have a great season, along with us guys.

...And Bowns had 2226 sog compared with Regan's 1682, so 554 (or 25%) extra chances for goals to be scored. Hard to compare netminders from stats alone there are too many variables. All goalies will have good and bad games. All you can hope for is that your's gives you a chance to win in as many games as possible. It's tough being a Brit nettie in the EIHL, not many make it. Ben is 23, it's said nms don't reach their peak until 25/26. So far the lad's doing ok IMHO

Finny

1 Belfast 8 6 2 0 0 12
2 Coventry 6 5 1 0 0 10
3 Sheffield 3 3 0 0 0 6
4 Braehead 4 2 1 1 0 5
5 Hull 8 2 5 1 0 5
6 Cardiff 6 2 3 0 1 5
7 Edinburgh 3 2 1 0 0 4
8 Dundee 5 1 3 1 0 3
9 Fife 5 1 3 0 1 3
10 Nottingham 2 1 1 0 0 2

Thread starter #39
Finny said:
1 Belfast 8 6 2 0 0 12
2 Coventry 6 5 1 0 0 10
3 Sheffield 3 3 0 0 0 6
4 Braehead 4 2 1 1 0 5
5 Hull 8 2 5 1 0 5
6 Cardiff 6 2 3 0 1 5
7 Edinburgh 3 2 1 0 0 4
8 Dundee 5 1 3 1 0 3
9 Fife 5 1 3 0 1 3
10 Nottingham 2 1 1 0 0 2
Im not sure what ur point is here..
Fife have played Steelers x2 Blaze x 2 and Giants..the NM Stats are for all games..On what ive seen of Bowns he is a competent NM nothing more nothing less. He may still mprove. Obviously ive seen Regan perform regularly... in him I see a matchwinner making ungettable saves week in week out.

Status
Not open for further replies.