Eihl results

BostonBart22

Thread starter #1
Bit of a shocker for Belfast in Sheffield, looks like besko had a mare again, anyone know if cech replaced him, plus a great win for fife at Coventry, me thinks keefer and Danny Stewart will get the p45,s sorted by Monday morning

Finny

Watched the goals last night and there didn’t seem to be much Besko could do about them.

More a case of good Sheffield finishing and some awful Belfast defence.

moggy#9

A few 'mysterious' injuries and an 'imaginative' interpretation of how to manipulate the IR and the season will be back on track before you can say 'Questionable Governance!'
I daresay that the famous Belfast laptop behaviour would stretch to figures on their spreadsheet of salary figures and player numbers not adding up quite the same way everyone else's do.

Gisland

I daresay that the famous Belfast laptop behaviour would stretch to figures on their spreadsheet of salary figures and player numbers not adding up quite the same way everyone else's do.
Belfast was abysmal and deserved to have lost by a few more...Steelers were very, very good. It's the best team I have seen play to date. Tape to tape crisp passing. Every player knew where to be and when to be there.. Fox has a "team" working in sync.

Belfast..well.... a collection of players wearing the same shirt. Thats about the only common factor.. As a club they may be the defending champions. As a team, a bottom 4 finish... Sheffield have the tools to win most, if not all, the silverware

moggy#9

Belfast was abysmal and deserved to have lost by a few more...Steelers were very, very good. It's the best team I have seen play to date. Tape to tape crisp passing. Every player knew where to be and when to be there.. Fox has a "team" working in sync.

Belfast..well.... a collection of players wearing the same shirt. Thats about the only common factor.. As a club they may be the defending champions. As a team, a bottom 4 finish... Sheffield have the tools to win most, if not all, the silverware
We know, particularly after last season, what is like for a team to under perform. However, I have no doubt that the giants will come good.

ASHIPP

Keefe must be feeling the pressure. Going from a team in the last two years whose forward lines were the envy of the league...to a major problem actually getting goals at the moment. Some of their current expected scorers have been injured lately.

Steelers certainly did a number on them last night. Greenfield is a good goalie in his own right. Steelers' defence looks solid. Lowest GAA. Could be the Orange's turn to do well this season.

moggy#9

Wont be today. They play with 15 out skaters.. At leasts 5 of which should be out the door... Like the Devils last year, I want a team to at least turn up for a game, not a wage..
To be fair, I think that's all any sports fan can ask for, and I don't think it's unreasonable.

Finny

We wouldn't have heard the end of it had Cech iced - would be all over the news as an 'and finally' piece...
I’m not sure he’s allowed to ice unless Besko gets injured. And I think the league would insist on a medical report from the doctor at the game to prove it.

My memory is a bit vague but in one of the years we won the league we had to bring in an emergency backup after the deadline. In one game we were several ahead and the question was raised as to whether we should rest the netminder and give the backup some ice-time but IIRC Todd said no

Pembo

If Manchester can hold on Belfast fans are going to completely melt down, sounds like they were pretty angry last night. Presumably cheque book coming out sooner rather than later. Great night for Glasgow, only the very best teams win in Sheffield this season!

Jonesy83

Belfast throw away a 2 - 0 lead and lose 4 - 2 in Manchester to the storm

0 point weekend and I think that’s 6 loses in 7

#keefeout