Eihl results

Mooney#16

Just activate Thornton, Keefe, Mason, Awada and Stewart and you’ll be fine. No point them just making the bench untidy. May as well make themselves useful.

terry hunt

I seem to remember that when we were in the CHL we seemed to hit a flat period after those games.
Took us a few weeks to get back on track.
I am surprised at Keefe he is usually quick off the mark and ruthless when he has non performers

moggy#9

I seem to remember that when we were in the CHL we seemed to hit a flat period after those games.
Took us a few weeks to get back on track.
I am surprised at Keefe he is usually quick off the mark and ruthless when he has non performers
I wonder to what extent their problems are due to besky having a run of bad form. I wonder if he's burnt out.

James

Administrator
Is it Besko or the D? Unless he's playing through injury I doubt his stats would drop quite so much without other factors. There's still only 6 points between 1st and 9th (with some variance on games played admittedly) They won't be down there long. Keefe is already talking about flexing the IR

Finny

I'm actually surprised that Belfast haven't used the flexibility of IR already. Maybe they thought that Roach would be back by now?

Devils86

When the Giants recruited deep in the summer plenty of people thought they would jettison some dead wood after a few months and after they had gone deep in the the CHL - that obviously didn't happen.

Maybe some of the guys that joined for the highs of the 'European dream' have dropped off a bit early and now the traditional rebuild will take place with the little teal book coming out and Conway amongst others being bribed back.

Make no bones about it, enjoy the Giants recent poor form because unfortunately I still see that smug punchable face winning everything come the end of the season.

Whilst football fans will eventually see Man City answer for their financial jiggary pokery; no such chance for the boys in Teal

BostonBart22

Thread starter #32
As we all know by now there are no wage caps in place, if there is all well and good but nothing official in writing . lots of perks to bring players to clubs who can afford to do it, undisclosed of course, it is what it is, it wont change and hasnt , if certain clubs want the trophies that bad by hook or crook , let them carry on , at some point a club will win a trophy within their boundaries of their budget..

moggy#9

As we all know by now there are no wage caps in place, if there is all well and good but nothing official in writing . lots of perks to bring players to clubs who can afford to do it, undisclosed of course, it is what it is, it wont change and hasnt , if certain clubs want the trophies that bad by hook or crook , let them carry on , at some point a club will win a trophy within their boundaries of their budget..
The problem is that at some point one of the smaller clubs will go to the wall just trying to stay competitive. The elite league is already just a club or two pulling out from being unviable. Unless there's a sudden influx of arenas with a burning desire for hockey (unlikely), the league's best shot at stability is enticing places like Leeds or Bristol in. That will only happen if they can ice competitive teams and not be canon fodder for the top teams.

I've said it time and time again, this league needs proper leadership, governance and transparency.

Last edited: