EIHL tough guys in 13/14

Thread starter #1
Quick run down of all the Enforcers and tough guys signed up in the EIHL so far....

http://eihlhockeyfights.proboards.com/t ... uys-season

Belfast
Adam Keefe

Braehead
Chris Frank
Kevin Bergin

Cardiff
Andrew Lord
Andrew Conboy
Brad Plumton
Adam Ross
Gerad Adams

Coventry
Benn Olson
Kevin Harvey
Mike Egener
Adam Henrich

Dundee
Tysen Dowzak

Edinburgh
None so far

Fife
None so far

Hull
Matt Suderman
Jeff Smith
Derek Campbell

Nottingham
Brent Henley
Leigh Salters

Sheffield
Tim Spencer
Drew Fata
Steve Goertazan

This years EIHL seems to be stacked with physical players and guys who are not afraid to drop the gloves.

looks like potential for Devils / blaze games to be extra entertaining.

possibilities for a good line brawl. or even a all out bench clearance.

bring on the season !!!

D

Deleted member 1337

Really looking forward to this season, we shouldn't be pushed around at all, even with injuries as we have so many great guys ready to stand up for the team.

voth26

egner jumped batch from behind, batch didn't know who or what to be fair to him, that was no way an egner win batch did well to get up and throw some punchs not haymakers granted but he stuck in there all credit to him for that more the same this season please mr batch :lol:

drainage

oneill said:
Quick run down of all the Enforcers and tough guys signed up in the EIHL so far....

http://eihlhockeyfights.proboards.com/t ... uys-season

Belfast
Adam Keefe

Braehead
Chris Frank
Kevin Bergin

Cardiff
Andrew Lord
Andrew Conboy
Brad Plumton
Adam Ross
Gerad Adams

Coventry
Benn Olson
Kevin Harvey
Mike Egener
Adam Henrich

Dundee
Tysen Dowzak

Edinburgh
None so far

Fife
None so far

Hull
Matt Suderman
Jeff Smith
Derek Campbell

Nottingham
Brent Henley
Leigh Salters

Sheffield
Tim Spencer
Drew Fata
Steve Goertazan

This years EIHL seems to be stacked with physical players and guys who are not afraid to drop the gloves.
Nice to see so many names being rated as physical ....... Seems we may not be pushed around this season in fact we may be the ones doing the pushing !

Wagstaff

Really surprised to see Adam Henrich on the list, for last season he spent his time with us hurting teams where it really counts, in front of the net! I really can't remember him getting aggressive with anyone apart from the ref in his game vs the panthers with the was he or wasn't he offside debacle!

Wannabe2 said:
Josh didn't lose to Egener, that was a draw, he did however lose to Thomas in a no go fight.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Come on there was no way that was a draw. Josh gave a good showing but Egener got the win. If it was the other way round no way would you have called in a draw...

Wannabe2

danhall76 said:
Wannabe2 said:
Josh didn't lose to Egener, that was a draw, he did however lose to Thomas in a no go fight.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Come on there was no way that was a draw. Josh gave a good showing but Egener got the win. If it was the other way round no way would you have called in a draw...
That's true, Josh will do the tough AHL fighter next season. Especially if Josh don't get sucker punched from behind first.

Wannabe2

After watching this fight in slo mo, this is my conclusion.
Egner sucker punches Josh 4 times from behind, they then throw 1 punch each that misses, then grapple, josh rips Eggheads helmet off, and throws 3 punches of his own, then grapple, 3 punches to 1 then to Egghead, then grapple, then 1 punch each, Egghead then throws 3 punches to Josh,s 4 punches, then the linos break them up.
Total punches thrown Egghead 11 Josh 9, however total punches thrown during face to face fight, Egghead 7 Josh 9. No take down, my decision based on that a draw. :lol:

Ocko

No way a win for Josh, Wannabe. Egener was the clear winner but credit for Josh for having a good go against a tough guy. But you cant not call it a loss just because he had the jump on him. Josh may have landed more once he found his feet but the quality of punches is far less than Egener, he landed some bombs and Josh didnt.

jimmy snels

Egener won. But batch did well after clearly being jumped. Most disappointing thing of all of it was something that happened numerous times since the voth retired... no one made him pay later in the game/season. Im hoping with us having numerous potential combatants this season if egener goes head hunting max, or jumping our young players we make him pay. Happened with faulkners injury. Gimblett and marsh on the ice and no one threw the mittens. Conboy and ross I suspect might b a different breed...

Wannabe2

Olson was brutal with Ben last season, due to his frustration of being run ragged by him, this season he needs to pay if he trys these tactics again. Also Egeners constant mission to try to take Max out needs to be addressed and hopefully they will be. Its going to be one hell of a season.

DevilDom

I would go with a narrow Egener win but Batch did very well after Egener came at him from behind. Would like to see Batch go with him again on his own terms as I think he could take him in a fair fight.

Josh is not in the same class as Egner as a fighter yet, and I doubt he ever will be.We should not be bigging him up on here as I bet he wishes we don't.As a player he is coming on a treat and I'm more than happy with that.Leave the fighting to the tough guys.Leave Batch to play a physical game and drop the gloves when he has to.