Elite 'Bob Phillips' League website

Pleximan

Thread starter #1
I am probably stating the obvious here, but has anybody else noticed that the official Elite League website (and we all know who runs that), is not reporting any Devils signing news?
The last Devils story reported on there was of Prpich's sacking - a story that they seemed happy to report as it portrayed the Cardiff Devils in a negative light.
But the really positive news of the signings of Smith, Birbraer, Romfo and Miller have not been mentioned at all, while other teams are having their signings mentioned.

Then today the 'We have a plan B for Ashley Tait's departure' non story from the Steelers is put up. What utter tripe! We all know who runs that website, but just how childish is he???

Oh yeah I can imagine that Bob, in his spare time, personally updates the Elite Website and deletes any Devils news just to spite you :lol:

TheStub

Don't the teams update the site directly? Hence the uneven style and poor editting.

Mind you, the whole site is poor. There are naff storied of little general interest and zero information about the actual league.

Look at the Echo site, which is by no means great, and you can see how far they have to go. Never mind something as good as the NHL site.

Chris

Administrator
I do believe it is as The Stub says, news stories are clubs own responsibility, however the lack of any/much Devils news is a bit bizarre.

There are plans in the pipeline by both ourselves, and other fan based sites to get the goings on of the league covered in more depth, at the moment it's just plans but hopefully things will start becoming public before long.

Hopefully we'll be able to show you a 'teaser' of our own plans at some point ;)

Chris.

Foxy

On a thread a while ago someone said that Ann Hall our media officer had left the club. I havn't seen any news on a replacement which is maybe why nothing has been reported on the Elite forum.

Didn't realise anyone still read the site mind :lol:

mazza03

Foxy said:
On a thread a while ago someone said that Ann Hall our media officer had left the club. I havn't seen any news on a replacement which is maybe why nothing has been reported on the Elite forum.

Didn't realise anyone still read the site mind :lol:
Ann has left and is happy in her new job, as for the other site, haven't been on there in months didn't know it was still going. :roll:

J.B said:
Oh yeah I can imagine that Bob, in his spare time, personally updates the Elite Website and deletes any Devils news just to spite you :lol:
Um......yes, you may jest but it is highly likely, believe me

ASHIPP

How ironic this subject is being discussed right now - and guess what's appeared on the Elite website this hour? An article on the Devils signing Matt Miller! :lol: Beggars belief after such a long time.

TheStub

Perhaps someone from the club looked at the forum and went "aw crap - is that site STILL there"... and toddled off and copy and pasted an article :D

TheStub said:
Perhaps someone from the club looked at the forum and went "aw crap - is that site STILL there"... and toddled off and copy and pasted an article :D
Sounds about right to me :D I know Anne Hall used to send information to various media sources including the Elite League website.

puck

It's the same with the Devils website. Since Anne Hall left there are fewer stories on there and less photos. I remember last off-season there was always a photo of the new signing and a good story with quotes from the players themselves about coming to Cardiff. All too often at the moment the signing is just accompanied with a Devils logo.

I have every faith that the PR will pick up for the club, but frankly this summer it's been a bit of a mess - less Echo coverage, less decent stories on the website, the facebook site hasn't been updated for months etc - it's all a bit shoddy.

Hopefully Shannon and Matt have some plans to shake it up a bit.

Chris

Administrator
Less Echo coverage? I was thinking there had been a fair amount, there's been pieces about all the player signings, there's not been a whole lot else to report has there? The Junior linkup was mentioned and the ENL signings have been mentioned...

I'm not sure what else the club could be pushing out if there's nothing much else to report, we're not making up reports like Sheffield which seems to be a good thing?

Chris.

Wannabe2

Theres no way we can fault the Echo coverage, when theres a story to be told its told. Terry is a huge Devils fan and doe,s the club proud with his coverage, however he is not into writing rumours just for the sake of it unlike other tabloids. The club appreciate Terrys work towards the devils over very many years, and may it long continue.

puck

Woah! Don't all jump in and think for a second that I am aiming any criticism at Terry and the fantastic job that he does for the sport.

My point was that last off-season (the first under the new management) there was a lot of press regarding the DCF, charitable visits, rec hockey tournaments and detailed information on the signings that I don't think has been put out enough by the club this summer.

I am not criticising Terry in any way. I am merely pointing out that until the press officer gap is filled by the club, they will not be sending out regular designated press releases and so the news sources such as the Elite website, the Echo, BBC News etc will not be getting the information that they did last summer.

Chris

Administrator
Woah! Don't all jump in and think for a second that I am aiming any criticism at Terry and the fantastic job that he does for the sport.
Only one person mentioned Terry Phillips?

My point was that last off-season (the first under the new management) there was a lot of press regarding the DCF, charitable visits, rec hockey tournaments and detailed information on the signings that I don't think has been put out enough by the club this summer.
There have been articles on the Devils website about the DCF taking over the junior setup, this was also mentioned in the Echo.

There have been charity events and these have been mentioned in both the Echo and on the official website, other than those publicised, maybe nothing else has happened?

The rec hockey tournament was also mentioned in the Echo and on cardiffdevils.com

I don't understand what other information could be given out about our signings so far? There's been a sizable amount in the Echo every time a signing has been made, there's also been a different article about said player on the official website. What's the major difference between last seasons and this seasons signing news? Just a photo?

Going from the BBC's Cardiff Devils related news, there seems to be a fair amount there? http://search.bbc.co.uk/search?scope=all&edition=d&tab=ns&recipe=all&q="cardiff+devils"&x=43&y=10

I really can't see what the major difference is between this summer and last summer.

Chris.

This thread has gone somewhat off topic, I thought it was about the press releases to the Elite league website. As previously stated Terry does a great job for covering the Devils in the Echo, totally different subject as far as I'm concerned.

drainage

phil PLT said:
This thread has gone somewhat off topic, I thought it was about the press releases to the Elite league website. As previously stated Terry does a great job for covering the Devils in the Echo, totally different subject as far as I'm concerned.
Think Uncle Bob has put a firewall up that decides the words "Cardiff" and "Devils" are foul language and rejects any news !!!!