Elite league award nominations

solelace84

Thommo being nominated is incomprehensible to me!? I also don't know how Bownsy isn't nominated for British player.... Madness. I definitely think LeFebvre/Pacha deserve Thommo's nominee spot. If Marv doesn't win player of the year, I'm quitting hockey! He deserves it for the amount of mins he's played alone!

Ocko

Isn't it voted for by the teams management?

Playing Devils advocate on Thommo's nomination, I can sort of see why. Just purely because there isn't anyone else. Pacha? Not for me. Comfortably in the playoff places and only scraped in after am almighty collapse. Think how bad Coventry have been, well Storm were only just above them. Lefebvre should be in there but I'd argue it should be at the expense of Walser. I cant see what he has done to warrant nomination. Belfast would've finished 3rd had we not put out a scratch team on the final Sunday. They absolutely have collapsed in the big games, the two league games against us, cup quarter final against us and then the game against Sheffield to virtually hand us the league - spectacular collapses like that aren't the sign of a good coach. Sheffield arguably haven't suffered such a collapse but just couldn't beat us, which ultimately cost them. They also reached a cup final.

Lord will walk the award anyway. It won't even be close.

Martin has been my favourite player since he arrived, however I think Haddad should be crowned king of the world after his performances this season. He's been immense.

Mooney#16

Forward of the year: Scarsella
Defenceman of the year: Hotham
Netminder of the year: Mustokovs
Coach of the year: Lord
British Player of the Year: Richardson
Player of the year: None of the nominations. Should be Joey Haddad by an absolute country mile. The most well rounded and complete player in the league playing at a phenomenally high level with huge consistency the whole season. He's Devils and the leagues MVP by quite some margin this year I'd say.

ASHIPP

Joey Martin was voted MVP by the fanbase at the Devils'awards. He is still the real deal but playing a different role on the team this year.
Joey Haddad voted Forward of the Year by the Devils'fans at the awards. He has exploded his skill this year and is playing incredible hockey. A leader too.
Will be interesting to see what the voting panel decide - it might not be anyone from the Devils although I think that would be a rough call.