ENFORCER

oneill said:
I've put the 'Terminator' Mike Ware into our 'Hall of Fame'
Well deserved. His battles with Vial were fantastic.

A photo from one of those fights was used - I kid you not - by The Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops in one of their youth handbooks, in a section on 'Resolving conflict' Perhaps as an example of how not to?

The email asking to use it was one of the most out of the blue I've ever received!

Imagine said:
oneill said:
I've put the 'Terminator' Mike Ware into our 'Hall of Fame'
Well deserved. His battles with Vial were fantastic.

A photo from one of those fights was used - I kid you not - by The Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops in one of their youth handbooks, in a section on 'Resolving conflict' Perhaps as an example of how not to?

The email asking to use it was one of the most out of the blue I've ever received!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul Sullivan said:
Might be worth us neutrals getting some Blaze v Panthers webcasts this season.

Henley will feed Olson his lunch.
In Fairness I think Henley will destroy anyone who goes near him in the league this year. For me Olson will be the only guy to hang with him. The rest Keefe etc just dont have the size to go with him can see him coming into most of the away arenas and dominating the home team and having no one to anwser to.

They are going to have to be some badass signings to match him 6 foot 7 250 pounds thats Chara size even Mike Hoffman would be looking up at him.

Wannabe2

Actually Chara is 6ft 9in, but he is one big guy and tough, however he is far from invincible, he had a loss against Mike Sgroi, 2 draws against Cornish, and a draw against our own Kirk Dewaele. Don't get me wrong would have loved him at Cardiff, but he aint Superman. Would take Colt King over him.

Wannabe2 said:
Actually Chara is 6ft 9in, but he is one big guy and tough, however he is far from invincible, he had a loss against Mike Sgroi, 2 draws against Cornish, and a draw against our own Kirk Dewaele. Don't get me wrong would have loved him at Cardiff, but he aint Superman. Would take Colt King over him.
To be fair Kirk held on and never threw a punch and was saved by another player jumping in 3rd man and tackling Henley to the Ice. Henley also dominated Sgroi in one of their three fights in the CHL. He's going to be hard to stop next season when he's in the mood. Benn Olson should give him a decent fight, though Henley will start a favorite in that one. Other than that I doubt anyone signed up so far will give Henley any problems when the gloves drop. Brent Henley is up there among the better heavyweights to have played in the EIHL IMO, and he's also a decent D.man as well.

I can see the Steelers signing a big enforcer to counter the Panthers duo of Henley and Salters, Giants will also hopefully bring in another tougher player in their final 3 import signings, likely a power forward.

So there could be a few more heavyweight enforcers signed up before the season starts. Maybe one of the Scottish team will surprise us all and sign an out an out enforcer this season. :)