ENL - A BURNING QUESTION!

Thread starter #1
Being a relatively new supporter of ENL and Elite hockey I understand that the ENL team have to pay to play in the league and for transport etc to away games. Mention has been made of ENL being a development team and some players (if they are lucky) on two way contracts.
The ENL Cardiff Devils have a good reputation in the league. I am sure that they are up against other players who are receiving some form of financial reward. Having another team in Wales must clearly be of benefit to the Elite team.
Just wondered why it is that no funding or sponsorship appears to be available.

There is a degree of sponsorship in ENL, most players get sponsored for kit for the year amongst other things but yes they still have to pay monthly to be part of the team. There isn't the attraction with ENL for businesses especially in a city that already has an Elite team so its a struggle. There just isn't the funding to support the ENL fees unfortunately

One thing that was missing from the programme last season was the Sponsorship Grid. It could give you an indication of each players sponsorship and an opportunity to sponsor. But ultimately its a minority sport and if business sponsors are attracted they would head toward the Elite.

Thread starter #4
If the businesses are not available then perhaps supporters could sponser players. If this provides some financial assistance towards bus trips etc it may be worthwhile considering. I know that in the Romford Raiders programme players are sponsored by children, adults and deceased. They get their name in the programme each week. Although it does look a bit odd when some players are referred to as "available" :shock: Just a thought for September :D

Earnie

ENL games are good entertainment and often quality hockey games. If things don't buck up soon they might be a better bet than Senior Devils. They certainly could do with more supporters.

I said last summer i wanted Fishers stick sponsorship for Christmas but there was no sponsorship grid and no Fisher (initially). :(

'Economic climate' and all that i probably couldn't afford it this year tho, having said that.