Fan Forum update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you follow MNL all updates are being mentioned there.

Adams and Francis back next season :)

Club are hoping to have most of the current squad signed up by the end of this month, they don't want to lose players this good :)

Couldn't make it tonight, great pity.

I think it's a good thing that they're thinking of next year's team so far ahead and signing players, how we're doing now must be a big help.

Finny

Ragan made that point himself, and that the brits will become even more valuable next season with a drop in the import limit.
I think he said he had instructed G and Franny to start to hold talks with all players and start making signings by the end of next month, and the brits would be most important. Not only that, but we were already looking into bringing additional brits in from other clubs for next season.

On MNL it says about the import limit being dropped, do we know if that means dropped to allow fewer imports on each team, or dropped as in scrapped altogether?

I can imagine a league without an import limit OR a wage cap, that'd be bloody awful. Chequebook hockey at it's finest.

TheStub

It was lower the limit. Obviously nothing certain but he wants it to go down.

Hopefully it will only be by one, two max. More than one will be a bit destabilising. I dream of a league with no import limits and a massive wage cap - because British hockey is so good that we don't have to protect the slots. Until then I'll settle for a league with 8 exceptional imports on each h team (developing British players) rather than teams stuffed with lower quality import grinders.

Status
Not open for further replies.