Fans' Forum

Sheincar

Unfortunately I’m not able to attend Thursday, but If someone could please address the lack of lighting…
Not one of the walkway lights was working/on yesterday so it was pitch black between the pool and rink. Surely this would fail any H&S inspection?
As the council have confirmed it’s not under their jurisdiction, someone has to assume responsibility at some point!
Absolutely agree about the lighting, felt quite unsafe walking back to my car

moggy#9

I can't be there, but can someone ask about the apparent spending gap between Sheffield and the rest, and how the devils can keep up given our limited capacity? Also, does a single clubs running away with it threaten the viability off the league and risk it going the way of the super league?

kingmo19.1

I can't be there, but can someone ask about the apparent spending gap between Sheffield and the rest, and how the devils can keep up given our limited capacity? Also, does a single clubs running away with it threaten the viability off the league and risk it going the way of the super league?
The recent Fife v Panthers game saw Fife icing a complete team of imports and not a single Brit ! That’s not good for the future of the game from a British perspective.

Storm have also played a good few games with minimal Brits!

GB might be doing well now, but in 6-7 years time it’s going to be a lot worse unless the EIHL teams give Brit players a chance.

If you have an interest in GB, a set number of Brits per squad on a match night would be a good idea - plus a reduction by 1-2 imports.

Just back from the fan forum. As I said there, massive appreciation goes out to
Todd and Katrina for this evening and everything they do week in week out for this great club. Two and a half hours of their time they gave tonight, which they really don’t have to do. We are so lucky to have the management and owners we do and I appreciate all their efforts making the club what it is today. Thanks Guys

E.D.S.

Just back from the fan forum. As I said there, massive appreciation goes out to
Todd and Katrina for this evening and everything they do week in week out for this great club. Two and a half hours of their time they gave tonight, which they really don’t have to do. We are so lucky to have the management and owners we do and I appreciate all their efforts making the club what it is today. Thanks Guys
Regardless of what was discussed tonight, this is some take away. Credit to both Todd and Katrina.

moggy#9

The recent Fife v Panthers game saw Fife icing a complete team of imports and not a single Brit ! That’s not good for the future of the game from a British perspective.

Storm have also played a good few games with minimal Brits!

GB might be doing well now, but in 6-7 years time it’s going to be a lot worse unless the EIHL teams give Brit players a chance.

If you have an interest in GB, a set number of Brits per squad on a match night would be a good idea - plus a reduction by 1-2 imports.
That's fair comment. I think that there needs to be a minimal bench strength rule where clubs can't go to a game with less than a certain number of players. Ideally teams should have to put out 22 players for every match. This, if combined with proper farm arrangements, not the 2 way mess we have now, would given far more opportunities to young Brits.

Anyone got a quick summary of what was discussed? Saw on Twitter Chad was mentioned as well but the post didn’t say what about…
Wasn't there myself but the posts I've seen say that there's no big drama, just that he's lower priority on the team sheet than Riley, and we can't drop brits. He was asked if he'd like to leave for lack of game time but declined.

Personally I'd love to give chad more chances, as I'm sure a lot of us would - though reading between the lines a bit, keeping brandt should be high priority over the summer and playing him every game is a great way to encourage that

moggy#9

Wasn't there myself but the posts I've seen say that there's no big drama, just that he's lower priority on the team sheet than Riley, and we can't drop brits. He was asked if he'd like to leave for lack of game time but declined.

Personally I'd love to give chad more chances, as I'm sure a lot of us would - though reading between the lines a bit, keeping brandt should be high priority over the summer and playing him every game is a great way to encourage that
I wouldn't be surprised to see Brandt given a role in the leadership group next season. Her sets an example and would go through walls for the team.

ASHIPP

I wouldn't be surprised to see Brandt given a role in the leadership group next season. Her sets an example and would go through walls for the team.
Personally I would love to see a few changes in the leadership group next season....one or two other players who show their qualities every game.

Couldn't make last night sadly... Was there any mention of the awful state of the car park, lack of lighting, huge holes and the huge out door swimming pool that greets you on the way in?

Wannabe2

Okay I will make an attempt to recall some of last nights questions and answers, I didn’t hear them all as the people asking didn’t have a mic, and my hearing ain’t what is used to be. I was firstly a bit disappointed by the turn out, I think there was about 60 of us and yes it was a filthy night, and Todd also said we have a double header at home and it probably wasnt convienient for many to spend 3 evenings at the rink. Ok firstly the lighting and draining problems are being addressed by the club, last night the parking outside the rink was so so flooded, for those that don’t know the Arena is owned by the council and it’s their responsibility to put things right, also the parking problems that occurred the other week due to the swimming gala, the pool has no right to Stewart that car park, and to turn people away it’s a public park even though there’s a sign saying pool car park, so we now know that. Ewen King still remains at the club, he is now the clubs eye in the sky analysing games from a better viewpoint than the bench, I was pleasantly surprised to hear we have about 1600 season ticket people, that’s 50% roughly of our capacity, there has been if I am correct 350 retro replica shirts sold, Todd also stated that he don’t want too many varied shirts for sale, and don’t particularly want fans paying astronomically prices for them. A comment was also said by Todd, that he didnt have a problem with people bitching about things that they cared and was passionate about, and that it was better than fans who wont say anything, not sure if I said that right but it was a good answer, we apparently are number 6 in the capacity of league clubs, but it’s always our ambition to be there with the best. People asked Questions about can the capacity be raised, we all know the answer to that, and that the Arena inside is pretty bland and that was noted by the club. Todd also said that he was available on match night for any burning questions that people may want to ask, he also said the answers might not always be what people want to hear, but it would be a honest reply. There were some other things talked about which to be honest didn’t interest me. I want to finish this post saying thanks for last night, people didn’t have to put themselves in front of a audience, and not many if any clubs do, it was a chance for people to get things off their chests if that’s what they wanted. Sorry if I missed some stuff but there wasn’t anything of major dramatic importance, and you can only answer what people ask. I ain’t no journalist and not great at explaining myself to paper but hay hoe.

I was at the forum and there was no mention of Chad. In fact no questions about any player was raised.

Paul Sullivan

Or nothing to report if just the same old same old answers.
Damned if they do or don't, eh? This isn't aimed at you Kev, but your comment does highlight something for me.
I really struggle when folks have complaints and issues and either don't attend, presume nothing will change, or don't even acknowledge the willingness of those who can make changes sitting in front of a room full of Devils fans. We have all kinds of fans. From those that think Gretzky's was perfect (it wasn't) to those who miss the tent (many don't) to those who hate the Vindico and everything about it (it's got walls for starters. Big step up :p).
I miss things about the WNIR. I miss things about the BBT. But there's plenty I do like about the new gaff, and that's with my having battled it for several years from a technical perspective (don't start me on the PA of all three venues...).

We have owners and management who will listen to us and front up. There are plenty of other Clubs where that's a pipe dream. Are we perfect? no. Is that always the aim? Yes. Do we compete every year? Yes. Are injured players threatened with the sack or forced to choose teammates to get rid of if they don't take a 50% pay cut (Like Dan La Costa was)? Hell no.