FAO the guy who got a free season ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

voth26

I don't know the guy but if drainage and wildthing74 are prepared to come on here and vouch for the guy, that's good enough for me. Also fair play to Josh for coming on here to explain, enjoy your free ST Josh lucky bugger lol I guess the lesson is if you post something about someone guess you have to be squeaky tight with facts!!

Finny

I don't know the guy but from personal experience once you start getting a lot of retweets then it suddenly goes nuts and you get retweets and likes from all sorts of bots and people unrelated to the tweet.

Slartibartfast

Come on. Nearly all of the retweets are fake. But it doesn't affect me, and the Devils obviously know about it. So let's just forget I said anything.

My point was merely that if he had genuinely pulled the wool over the proverbial eyes, that would be terrible...

But the Devils obviously know about it, so I should just shut up.

Hey admin - delete the post... could be perceived as slanderous. Lol (technophobe)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Legally speaking its libel not slander as you have done it in writing. Libel is much easier to prove than slander. Don't worry though he seems like a nice guy who would not take you to court.

bb1

Well said Wildthing.

Regardless of everything he has got the Devils extra publicity which is great for the club and it all gets people talking.

Well done Josh!

Legally speaking its libel not slander as you have done it in writing. Libel is much easier to prove than slander. Don't worry though he seems like a nice guy who would not take you to court.
In this case l doubt Court is a possibility. Plus there has been no false accusations, the retweets are highly likely produced by anonymous bots which can be extremely difficult to show evidence or defence of how the retweeting on mass occurred. Knowledge of the internet has now become more widespread, the sudden increase in retweets on a public site, such as Twitter would draw conclusions similar to the ones being discussed here. Since these comments do not contain any private information, there is no libel. It is possible for an individual with sufficient knowledge to use these bots for fraud, they also can occur without the original member being aware and totally innocent. The comments are on a members only forum, with limited membership, to be libellous, to the extent legal action could become warranted, one would need to prove that that limited membership extended far enough to have a sufficient impact on the members life. Nobody has really lost out on this, it’s only really an issue if the original poster received help via a party involved in the organisation or did intentionally use his own knowledge to use the bots. The season ticket was only several hundred £’s and the Devils have gained coverage they wouldn’t have otherwise got. It’s not really an issue in this instance as everybody is ok with this likely innocent demonstration of how the internet can negatively impact events.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thread starter #28
I obviously didn't realise that it was a marketing tactic before-hand. And I have apologised to josh (and will do in person also) - let it go guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KaneDevils

For heaven's sake!! I love the "what a stupid post", "you don't even know him", posts aimed at solace.
Love the way these comments appear, AFTER, the bloke in question has revealed the facts.
Solace just posted what the majority of you would of been thinking!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.