Faryna Leaves

bb1

Looking at their twitter feed he looks like he's in pain when on the ice and he didn't acknowledge the fans after the last game , so all not good. Also, do we want a guy who's 36 and at the end of his career?
He's a point a game and has better stats than both Pope, Haddad and most of our other players.

However is he too much of a character for Lord......

If he's fit and healthy and we didn't make a move on him then I feel we will just end up with another guy like Pope who is lack lustre the majority of the time and not one to get the fans on their feet.

Steve King mentioned that we went for Bollig and Gazdic.....which is a wow factor for me but would they be Lords choice or Steve and co's. The only reason I say that is because Lord doesn't seem to really go for guys like Hendrix, Mychan and Bordy anymore.

Hope I'm proved wrong.

Hockeymad

Still no update on a player!
Can’t see one coming till after Xmas now as no one will want to up and move a week before.

Let’s hope the wait is worth it.

Mooney#16

The more money you save the more you have for a marquee signing. Enough in the bank you could go for a game breaker. It’s a game of chicken though of how much you think you leave yourselves to do. Devils are in touch right now. A couple of bad results and the gamble could go wrong.

Fan hat on. Given the nature of the challenge going for a league record 3 in a row i’d break the bank for an stud. Next season I really couldn’t care less if we finished last. Stack the team with goons next year and give the trogs what they want. A third title this season would firmly cement Devils at the pinnacle of UK hockey.

hip check

The more money you save the more you have for a marquee signing. Enough in the bank you could go for a game breaker. It’s a game of chicken though of how much you think you leave yourselves to do. Devils are in touch right now. A couple of bad results and the gamble could go wrong.

Fan hat on. Given the nature of the challenge going for a league record 3 in a row i’d break the bank for an stud. Next season I really couldn’t care less if we finished last. Stack the team with goons next year and give the trogs what they want. A third title this season would firmly cement Devils at the pinnacle of UK hockey.
Contemptable or socially inferior =trogs.
Bully or a thug, especially those associated with the armed forces =goon.
Since when has a team been stacked with "goons"?..I think the nearest I've seen since watching hockey would be The London Knights.
Us contemptable socially inferior fans don't want a team full of goons, just a little more sticking up for less physical players in our team by the more physical players please, we have a soft underbelly and opposition teams know it and up the intensity/physicality when playing us and it's frustrated us and led to dropped points.
I hope whoever we sign to replace Faryna is someone of the same ilk, we have enough skill but not enough balls.

august04

It wasn’t that long ago that Mooney#16 thought no-one on the forum should be allowed an opinion on the game unless they were Scotty Bowman! Now branding fans who want to see more physicality as “trogs”!!
Spot on hipcheck, Jimmy snels.

Mooney#16

I think I'd go with this definition to sum up what constitutes a trog.

I never named any individual. If you interpret yourself as being under attack from my trog comment then so be it. I never said no one was entitled to an opinion. Just if you're going to insist on voicing it you are sort of obligated to educate yourself with fact else it's just BS and perhaps worth keeping to yourself.

troglodyte
/ˈtrɒɡlədʌɪt/
noun
  1. (especially in prehistoric times) a person who lived in a cave.
    • a hermit.
    • a person who is regarded as being deliberately ignorant or old-fashioned.

Last edited:

hip check

I think I'd go with this definition to some up what constitutes a trog.

I never named any individual. If you interpret yourself as being under attack from my trog comment then so be it. I never said no one was entitled to an opinion. Just if you're going to insist on voicing it you are sort of obligated to educate yourself with fact else it's just BS and perhaps worth keeping to yourself.

troglodyte
/ˈtrɒɡlədʌɪt/
noun
  1. (especially in prehistoric times) a person who lived in a cave.
    • a hermit.
    • a person who is regarded as being deliberately ignorant or old-fashioned.
Neither yours nor my definition applies to fans on here who like a certain type of player on this forum.
Have a nice day and enjoy the game tonight.

Ocko

I think we’re in need of a player who can put the puck in the net rather than punch people in the face. Our shot conversion and goals to chances ratio is terrible and is what is costing us points - not fighting or even hitting.

I think we’re in need of a player who can put the puck in the net rather than punch people in the face. Our shot conversion and goals to chances ratio is terrible and is what is costing us points - not fighting or even hitting.
Agree on this but i do believe we already have these players and when our conversion rate does go up we're in a pretty good position as it stands.

So I guess it's time for Steve King to come on the forum then. By the way, I think historically I've commented on here MORE when things are tough than when times are good. Just saying. I certainly don't hide from anything...the least of which being slumps from a hockey team.

As for the situation at hand, I can guarantee you that the departures of the three players are 100% unrelated to each other and 100% unrelated to the Cardiff Devils. It is not my place to comment for Justin but as the release said, he was forced to go home for family reasons outside of his control. Extremely unfortunate but you have to respect his priorities. So difficult to walk away from the game that you've loved your entire life.

Someone mentioned this as a rallying point for the boys. I said that exact thing to Lordo when I was told the news about Justin. This group of players really care. They've had some struggles with their focus over the last month for a myriad of reasons. Hopefully this is the kind of event that can remove any outside distractions and bind them together with the single goal of winning another championship.

Bollig is now retired, Gazdic just signed with San Diego. We tried. We'll keep looking for a good replacement but I fully believe that our current group can do it.

Let's go Devils!
Well we’re out of the Challenge Cup now conceding 6 at home to the Clan. Real question marks against the group now Steve. Time to step up the search for another quality player?

Kevin roog

And we picked the clan. Saying that there is no team at home we can say we will comfortably beat . Unlike last years team which would have beat mk lightning Dundee and clan these last couple of weeks

Well we’re out of the Challenge Cup now conceding 6 at home to the Clan. Real question marks against the group now Steve. Time to step up the search for another quality player?
We’re all gutted with tonight’s result but please don’t call out Steve like this. Devils fans have got a great relationship with owners especially Steve on this forum but if people keep calling them out every time we lose a game then that relationship will soon wear thin.

The owners assembled a squad that competed in the CHL and were superb for start of league/challenge cup then unfortunately things went wrong, players left , form seems to have deserted us especially at home ! Steve and the other owners must be as frustrated ( if not more) than us !

Believe or not , we have no devine right to win every game and the mark of a champion is how they come back from a setback . I wish people would just stop and think where this club was before Steve and the others decided to take a gamble on our club !

Nobody like losing but that is when the team needs the fans the most !