Faulkner out for season

Finny

Absolutely gutted. My favourite player from the last couple of seasons.

Hope he makes a full recovery.

Didn't see the hit, just the pain on Mac's face afterwards. What did Stweart do to him?

A very bitter blow for us at this time of the season. What a player he's been, really wish him a speedy recover and REALLY hope to see him in a Devils shirt next season.

All the best for your recovery Mac,

This makes our search for an 11th import even more of a challenge with only four days left and has now changed it into a chase for a 10th import, it also increases the size of the mountain to qualify for the Play off finals

There was a lot of talk that Belfast had been after before we secured his signature. Would imagine that a few things would have to change there now before he would consider "moving on"

Absolutely devasting news for Mac and for the team. At least Stewart has been punished by the League Committe but he will be lucky that he will be back for the last few league games and play-offs. Sadly for us Mac won't be.

Best wishes for Mac and hope for a speedy recovery and return to action next season (in a Devils shirt of course).

Have to now go home and tell my daughter that her favourite player won't be playing again this season.

Michel16

do you think we will try and sign 2 imports with mac being out for the season? i know its not long until the deadline, but just think we will struggle with 10 imports as we are doing now?

DevilDom

Terrible news. I hope Mac gets well soon and those Giants fans accusing the Devils of whinning about Stewart and the Giants dirty play feel slightly ashamed (although I doubt they will). :DWD

Michel16 said:
do you think we will try and sign 2 imports with mac being out for the season? i know its not long until the deadline, but just think we will struggle with 10 imports as we are doing now?
Do you actually think we were going to sign one ? I see us carrying on with nine and maybe losing more to injury without anyone to stand up to the antics of other teams who now see us as a pushover, Fortress BBT is falling in more ways than one

rocketbob

Totally gutted for Mac, such a great player and by all accounts a great guy too. Get well soon Mac. I hope to see you play again (hopefully for the Devils).

rocketbob

Two seasons, 1 career ending injury and 1 season ending injury. Obviously the Giants are not as squeeky clean as their fans would have anyone believe.

DevilDom said:
Terrible news. I hope Mac gets well soon and those Giants fans accusing the Devils of whinning about Stewart and the Giants dirty play feel slightly ashamed (although I doubt they will). :DWD
TBF Cupcake has offered an apology on the Stewart thread

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Michel16 said:
Do you actually think we were going to sign one ? I see us carrying on with nine and maybe losing more to injury without anyone to stand up to the antics of other teams who now see us as a pushover, Fortress BBT is falling in more ways than one
i reckon we will run with 9 and possibly Scarbrough if he is back from his injury

DevilDom

Devil_Bluebird said:
DevilDom said:
TBF Cupcake has offered an apology on the Stewart thread
I wasn't referring to CupCake who always puts a reasoned and fair agrument across. I was referring to the likes of DWD and Claretgiant.

D

Deleted member 1337

rocketbob said:
Two seasons, 1 career ending injury and 1 season ending injury. Obviously the Giants are not as squeeky clean as their fans would have anyone believe.
Who was the career ending injury?

Voth I think was out after a hit by Lloyd (if that's the one that was being referred to - don't think Brad completed a game following it - but IIRC it was a clean hit and nothing further came from it.)

Not nice to hear of any player being injured in that way and for it to potentially have such an impact on a player's season. Speedy recovery to Faulkner and with any luck he may make a recovery in time for playoffs.

Sadly - it happens every season to at least one player and as nasty as it is, it's a risk that is taken by every player when they step on the ice.