Fife Flyers in the Elite League

Thread starter #1
Ok, you may (or may not) have got excited seeing the subject of this post. So I apologise for any underwear soiling that's occurred. :mrgreen:

As a lifetime Fife Flyers fan I'm keen to see our team back where it belongs, at the top level of Ice Hockey in this country. With that in mind, I've created an online petition which if you support, I hope you will sign to show your support to fellow fans and Ice Hockey in general.

Thanks for reading.

Petition: http://www.gopetition.com/petition/44250.html

Please spread the word.

Thread starter #3
Rossboy19 said:
Haven't they already been offered a way into the league but declined?
God knows, you hear a different story every other week. Taking the initiative and putting pressure on from a fans perspective.

Well I did read a small interview with your coach on BIH this morning, he was saying the team needs to be playing bigger teams etc. and was saying how the recent east coast cup playing the elite league teams had reignited his love for hockey. Personally I'm all for it, will sign shortly! :d

TheStub

Link doesn't work for me :(

Just a thought, for real impact you need to show that Fife fans want this, and will support it. If I was the owner I'd be pointing out Elite fans will vote for more teams, but that won't pay the gate.

Thread starter #10
Close to 240 signatures in a couple of days, not bad considering the limited publication it's had. Some interesting comments and signatories.

Thanks to all that have supported us.

sparkymark75 said:
Close to 240 signatures in a couple of days, not bad considering the limited publication it's had. Some interesting comments and signatories.

How many fife fans on there tho? As said above u will need to prove the majority of flyers fans are also for this, not just the Elite clubs fans

Thread starter #12
Rossboy19 said:
sparkymark75 said:

How many fife fans on there tho? As said above u will need to prove the majority of flyers fans are also for this, not just the Elite clubs fans
Surely everybodies a Fife fan :mrgreen:

I presume you mean fans that would actually attend games on a regular basis?

sparkymark75 said:
Rossboy19 said:
sparkymark75 said:

Surely everybodies a Fife fan :mrgreen:

I presume you mean fans that would actually attend games on a regular basis?
Yeh lol :)

Finny

Time for the Fife fans to put some pressure on the owners to make a statement. They've managed to get away for almost a decade by pretending the EIHL doesn't want them and is making them stay in amateur hockey.
Now the EIHL have confirmed they have offered them a place, I wonder will the anti-EIHL feelings start to disappear?

Thread starter #16
Finny said:
Time for the Fife fans to put some pressure on the owners to make a statement. They've managed to get away for almost a decade by pretending the EIHL doesn't want them and is making them stay in amateur hockey.
Now the EIHL have confirmed they have offered them a place, I wonder will the anti-EIHL feelings start to disappear?
We're trying :cry:

Time for Mr Muir to come clean and tell us the real story.

well they beat the Stars 5-2 recently (although was that with reduced imports?) so the quality is there and it looks like they have a nice, big barn. What sort of crowds do they get in and how would that be effected by factors like the price almost doubling (£8 now according to the website but its £16+ to get into an Elite game) and them maybe having a tough 'settling in' season or 2.

Thread starter #18
Mark666 said:
well they beat the Stars 5-2 recently (although was that with reduced imports?) so the quality is there and it looks like they have a nice, big barn. What sort of crowds do they get in and how would that be effected by factors like the price almost doubling (£8 now according to the website but its £16+ to get into an Elite game) and them maybe having a tough 'settling in' season or 2.
Stars had 4 imports, we had 1. At our current level and depending on opposition we can get anywhere from 400-1000 paid customers. There have been around 2k but that was when freebies were being handed out.

I'm sure given the increased quality of the opposition the fans would come back in their droves. Kirkcaldy is a hockey town, and has been for over 70 years, the fans will come back, but not if we stay where we are.

sparkymark75 said:
Mark666 said:
Stars had 4 imports, we had 1. At our current level and depending on opposition we can get anywhere from 400-1000 paid customers. There have been around 2k but that was when freebies were being handed out.

I'm sure given the increased quality of the opposition the fans would come back in their droves. Kirkcaldy is a hockey town, and has been for over 70 years, the fans will come back, but not if we stay where we are.

"If we build it they will come."
;)

I think Hull tick over with those kind of attendance figures. I've seen on Flyers forum talk of winning the old league with few/no imports. I'd love it (and i bet the people of Kirkcaldy would too) if a team made of mostly local guys/brits could do well in the Elite league. It would send a positive message out to the hockey community in the UK and abroad and help move the league away from so many imports, encourage the british kids. Good luck with it all!

Kirkcaldy is a bloody long way away from Cardiff tho! :shock: :lol:

Thread starter #20
Kirkcaldy has always had a good development setup and I'm guessing one of the things Mr Muir is concerned about is that being affected in a bad way if we went Elite. However, as a young player, why would I get excited to get into the first to play in some diddy league :roll: