Fife Vs Devils - League - 23rd Oct 22 - 18:00 FO

Ger-Devils

Refs are a bit suspect but Crawford is not helping. 4 minute penalty for a crosscheck and a tantrum. Comes out of the box and is straight back in for a unsportsmanlike conduct. The team are tired enough as it is without having to kill off unnecessary penalties.
The ref actually signalled for a 10 minute misconduct pen but give 4 mins…

E.D.S.

That was not a good win. I was getting ready to write the post mortem.

The first period Flyers totally outplayed us.

The second period we were tired from killing off all Crawfords penalties. (6 mins)

In the third period, we had to pull the goalie (always a risk) with 3 minutes to go to equalise. We scored the equaliser and another to take the lead. With a minute to go Flyers Johannson skated the length of the ice passed 4 Devils and scored. Not one player tried to take his body.

Fife have one good line and 2 decent-ish powerplay lines. Player for player we have a much better team and you could see that in the individual skills. But as a team we were woeful.

Although the last goal was soft, Kozun kept us in this game.

I know I may get flamed for being negative after a win, but all the same problems are still there.

Some positives though. 2 for Crandall. I wish Crandall would shoot more instead of trying to set up Reid all the time. When he does he scores some great goals.

While Reid showed he's still a sniper with the winning goal, his passing leaves a lot to be desired and he seems to be the problem on that line.

Glad to get the win and I think we have a lot of talent but as a team we still have big issues that will show against better opposition.
Not disagreeing with your summary but You’re talking about the manner of victory. This game, as a stand alone fixture, is always a banana skin. Add in the ‘3 games in 3 days’, a Fife team hitting some form and a confusing, struggling, injury hit Devils team…. This is a good result in most people’s books. Getting out with 2 points, be it 5-0 or 4-3 is a relief. Not many people would be surprised if we’d have lost that one.

kettdevil1

Hugely enjoyable game where a point apiece felt a fair result. The OT bonus was the cherry on top

Character win in a superbly hostile barn, albeit helped a little by a woeful Flyers PP. Reid, Martin and Sanford were standouts, although collectively we struggled to solve Owen who put on another masterclass.

We need to keep our discipline when faced with eccentric officiating but apart from that, a very satisfying Sunday night in Fife,

Diablo3

I thought our PK was excellent last night (it needed to be with those officials), but PP we are still trying to walk it in. I just wish we took more shots. It is what other teams do against us with some success.

kettdevil1

A point made by Rosco on THF that I didn't pick up on at the time..... we pulled Kozun with about 3 minutes to go which was clearly earlier than normal but I didn't spot the reason why....

The Fife third line was out of gas and iced the puck, that allowed us to put our first line out against their weakest line, who were also at the end of their shift. All we had to do then was to win the draw, which Joey did and we were going to have a great chance. Clearly this happened and the result is in the history books.

Very smart and bold coaching by Dupont.

dave

A point made by Rosco on THF that I didn't pick up on at the time..... we pulled Kozun with about 3 minutes to go which was clearly earlier than normal but I didn't spot the reason why....

The Fife third line was out of gas and iced the puck, that allowed us to put our first line out against their weakest line, who were also at the end of their shift. All we had to do then was to win the draw, which Joey did and we were going to have a great chance. Clearly this happened and the result is in the history books.

Very smart and bold coaching by Dupont.
Add in the "money ball" OT face off selection, we win face off and centre changes to get the top three on with control

kettdevil1

Add in the "money ball" OT face off selection, we win face off and centre changes to get the top three on with control
Yes, I saw that - I think it was Coughler who took the draw, won it and then dived for the bench? Looking at his stats he wouldn't have been my choice for that draw but clearly the coaching team knew best!

It's these moments where coaches earn their paycheck and it looked like another great decision from Dupont

tim78

Decent highlight package with two very neutral commentators. That last Fife goal was shocking from the devils.
Thought the first was questionable with the goalie getting knocked over not a cross check but still it had the same affect.