Finners

kettdevil1

Could that be where Skalde is going if the rumour he's staying in the EIHL is true
Would be a coup if it happened. For all the fact that it didn't quite work out with us, the guy has got an impressive CV. My gut feeling is that it won't be given their barn is suited to 'rock 'em, sock 'em' hockey and that's not really his thing but.... anything is possible

BostonBart22

Would be a coup if it happened. For all the fact that it didn't quite work out with us, the guy has got an impressive CV. My gut feeling is that it won't be given their barn is suited to 'rock 'em, sock 'em' hockey and that's not really his thing but.... anything is possible
My bet he's Nottingham bound

Mazzoak

If Cardiff, Nottingham, Sheffield, Belfast possibly Guildford aren’t increase player spending next season I’d be very surprised. I can’t see Skalde working with the budget he obviously had in Cardiff, just won’t work.

kettdevil1

If Cardiff, Nottingham, Sheffield, Belfast possibly Guildford aren’t increase player spending next season I’d be very surprised. I can’t see Skalde working with the budget he obviously had in Cardiff, just won’t work.
Interesting comment - why? The budget seemed healthy enough but maybe you have more knowledge?

Mazzoak

Interesting comment - why? The budget seemed healthy enough but maybe you have more knowledge?
Knowledge no, insider information, probably not, just the rumours I’ve heard & some have hinted at on here regarding certain returnees to the Devils. I’ve heard Skalde wanted some new bigger names, Todd didn’t. How accurate, probably 2% something in it, the rest, not so much, I’d give it credibility as the quality wasn’t great in Cardiff, l can’t believe these are players recruited with the budget level pre covid.
As for the teams increasing revenue, after COVID the sport needed a wow year to bring back people and maintain them. After the lock down people priorities shifted and paying for a poor standard the reduced roaster size brought, clubs are probably seeing a need to improve.

Knowledge no, insider information, probably not, just the rumours I’ve heard & some have hinted at on here regarding certain returnees to the Devils. I’ve heard Skalde wanted some new bigger names, Todd didn’t. How accurate, probably 2% something in it, the rest, not so much, I’d give it credibility as the quality wasn’t great in Cardiff, l can’t believe these are players recruited with the budget level pre covid.
As for the teams increasing revenue, after COVID the sport needed a wow year to bring back people and maintain them. After the lock down people priorities shifted and paying for a poor standard the reduced roaster size brought, clubs are probably seeing a need to improve.
Sums it up with you, zero factual evidence just trying to stir up something. I've ignored you for months but jeez, aren't you bored yet

Perhaps Skalde actually wanted to sign his own players. Maybe!