Fitzgerald - 72 hrs are surely up and no announcement yet

Devil_Abroad

Thread starter #1
UPDATE FROM DOPS
December 16, 2014

Player: Zack Fitzgerald
Number: 13
Team: Braehead Clan

During the game Cardiff Devils v Braehead Clan on 14/12/2014, Fitzgerald was assessed a match penalty for fighting at 06:22 in the second period.

The match penalty caries an automatic minimum one-game suspension, which means that Fitzgerald is ineligible to play for Braehead against Edinburgh Capitals on Wednesday.

This incident is still automatically under review by The Department of Player Safety, who will report their findings in the next 72 hours.
Are they finding it difficult to release details of a long ban maybe..........

Re: Fitzgerald - 72 hrs are surely up and no announcement ye

Devil_Abroad said:
UPDATE FROM DOPS
December 16, 2014

During the game Cardiff Devils v Braehead Clan on 14/12/2014, Fitzgerald was assessed a match penalty for fighting at 06:22 in the second period.

The match penalty caries an automatic minimum one-game suspension, which means that Fitzgerald is ineligible to play for Braehead against Edinburgh Capitals on Wednesday.

This incident is still automatically under review by The Department of Player Safety, who will report their findings in the next 72 hours.
Are they finding it difficult to release details of a long ban maybe..........
No, they are finding it difficult to think of a reason not to ban him :lol:

They have used the "administrative error" card on Finnerty already so they need a new one.

kettdevil1

It is bizarre, they have been pretty speedy with all the other decisions and given the Clan are playing Dundee in about 24 hours then we must surely hear something very soon indeed?

I wonder if the Clan have been informed of the decision and are protesting or whether the DOPs are struggling to find footage?

Ocko

My guess is that they are having to go through statements from the officials, which is holding it up more than just looking at a video. The footage, whilst showing contact with the eye, doesn't show the extent of the incident so making a judgement would be near impossible on that alone.

Surely though the evidence is more conclusive than the Conboy incident and they were on top of that. Surely Linos account has to considered, it wasn't a quick act that could be misinterpreted. It is strange that there is nothing forthcoming on this incident

Have Hope#35

StevenBletsoe said:
Surely though the evidence is more conclusive than the Conboy incident and they were on top of that. Surely Linos account has to considered, it wasn't a quick act that could be misinterpreted. It is strange that there is nothing forthcoming on this incident
This is the first year with DOPS so it would have been a very different review process for the Conboy incident! I don't think he'll get anywhere near 12... 8 at most, I'd guess at 4games.

dave

StevenBletsoe said:
There will be a delay caused by the linos (normally would be written the same evenong) injury so I would imagine that has delayed the standard process by 24/48 hours but even with that there should be something today.

Sheincar

dave said:
StevenBletsoe said:
There will be a delay caused by the linos (normally would be written the same evenong) injury so I would imagine that has delayed the standard process by 24/48 hours but even with that there should be something today.
Sorry but I would assume that was taken into account in the original timeline of 72 hours. Plus Braehead have 2 games this weekend so any ban should be in place for those.

drainage

Wouldn't be surprised if no news means the single game ban is it ! Leaving it very late so is no news really saying nothing further to serve!

You may be correct but with the professionalism shown by the DOPS so far I would expect an announcement. If they are going from video only they may just stick with the one game. Yes I can see his thumb but he could argue he was just shoving Batch in the face.

For the record though I do think he did it deliberately.

2 Game suspension (incl 1 already served)!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The match penalty carries an automatic minimum one-game suspension, which he served on 17/12/2014 (Braehead Clan v Edinburgh Capitals).

The Department of Player Safety has reviewed this incident and has come to the following conclusions...

* Fitzgerald travels a distance to join an ongoing altercation between Batch and Keith.

* His hands and thumb are in the head and eye area of Batch, which is a dangerous action with no regards for the opposition player’s safety.

* Regardless of intent, Batch is unable to protect himself from this action by Fitzgerald.

* Fitzgerald is considered a repeat offender, having previously been assessed a match penalty and suspended for fighting on the 21/11/2014.

The Department of Player Safety has suspended Fitzgerald for a total of two (2) games (one of which has already been served).

This decision takes into account the automatic one-game suspension that comes with the match penalty and also Fitzgerald being a repeat offender.

James

Administrator

I believe it is an independent group of people from outside the uk

Devil_Abroad

Thread starter #16

DOPS professional? They've taken three days to assess the incident?

Left hand gentlemen, not right, it is the left hand

No wonder they missed the thumb in the eye!

EIHL DOPS - unprofessional.

:DWD