FIVE WAYS TO FIX EIHL

I'm having to agree with all these points, I just wish the league could pull their heads out of their own bums and see this.

I guess like most things in society, all they care about is the money.

D

Deleted member 1337

Maybe not the minimum imports not max rule. As that will make teams like Belfast sheffield and Nottingham dominate, and teams like hull and Edinburgh ( probably more) edinburgh,for example only got 903 fans watching the quarter finals match, This would make a huge difference in the league points, then making matches outcome more predictable, the lower end teams will get less fans again, then less imports and more predicatble matches.

This is a verry drastic opinion, just to show what COULD happen, and if so probably on a smaller scal. But please take it an opinion only

I wonder if some sort of cap on a teams experience would work, i.e. a team could only sign a team with a max 50 NHL games and 300 AHL , this could level the playing field a bit. :?:

D

Deleted member 1337

How about Religations and promotions with eihl/epl teams, or a non league run challenge cup, I.e. having both epl and eihl teams in the challenge cup to make it more interesting Rather than it being a reason for bragging rights(the trophie), and an excuse for more games, selling regular tickets to STH, and trialling the four-'man' officiating system.

Like the promotion/relegation idea. Guess budgets biggest problem. Very few clubs can afford eihl player budgets. So even if won promotion may not be able to step up.

I think you'll find Guildford Flames have a big budget, also they have big gates and regularly get way more watching their games than at lest 5 Elite teams. Plus Brits are paid far better in the EPL than they do in the Elite League ;)

kettdevil1

richjwillis said:
Don't have huge knowledge of EPL to be honest. Are Guildford the exception or the norm?
The Flames are very much the exception. As has been mentioned, their crowds put many EIHL teams to shame and their budget healthy enough to attract some high level Brits.

Below the Flames, Manchester and Basingstoke have tried EIHL but appear more comfortable at EPL level. MK's home rink will be refurbished next season so we will see if it is up to EIHL level when it is finished (rumours persist that they might move up), and the rest are probably at the right level for crowds and budgets.