Fixture changes

Thread starter #1
Devils were supposed to be playing in edinburgh on monday 15th march.

This has now been brought forward to wednesday 10th march night after challenge cup as Edinburgh are flying to belfast on sunday 14th to take on belfast in there re-arranged game.

why do the devils have to play back to back and help the capitals out, they are chasing us, but we seem to give in to fixture changes.

kettdevil1

Fair point, although to be fair that does give us a fairly relaxed end to the regular season whilst the Caps play 6 games in 9 days to end their season.

One way and another though I wouldn't put a vast amount of money on us getting much out of that particular game

Kipper

We have 7 games in 9 days coming up including trips to Nottingham,Edinbugh,Belfast and Hull. Who is it in the Devils organisation that agrees to such fixtures? It doesn't give the players or coaching staff much of a chance.It's almost as if somebody doesn't want the team to succeed. Are the team(and equipment) going to be able to fly to Belfast this time?

Otherwise it would only make any sense if they could travel from Edinburgh on Thursday for the Belfast game on Friday returning via Hull for the Saturday match. Rather them than me. :eek:

Kipper said:
We have 7 games in 9 days coming up including trips to Nottingham,Edinbugh,Belfast and Hull. Who is it in the Devils organisation that agrees to such fixtures? It doesn't give the players or coaching staff much of a chance.It's almost as if somebody doesn't want the team to succeed. Are the team(and equipment) going to be able to fly to Belfast this time?

Otherwise it would only make any sense if they could travel from Edinburgh on Thursday for the Belfast game on Friday returning via Hull for the Saturday match. Rather them than me. :eek:
Agreed fella, absolute joke, as if things arent hard enough, whoever agreed to this fixture change needs shooting, let Edinburgh - Belfast sort out there problems re-arranging a game, dont make such stupid changes too accomodate other sides. I can see the Devils going to Edinburgh, and shall we say maybe not try too hard, in order to give Edinburgh the points they need for a 5th place finish, to try and ensure we miss Sheffield in the Play off qualifier, any thoughts?

Scott

We had a tough string of fixtures not long ago and won 6 in a row (2 mid week games!). Always look on the bright side :cool:

osh

devils2001uk said:
why should be start choping and changing our games cause of caps not beeing able to play one there games !

C'mon guys, don't panic ! After all, Finny reckons our league games are ' nothing games ' so it doesn't really matter does it, we can't win a league trophy after all.

Chris

Administrator
*sigh*

Keep this on topic, if you two have such a problem with Finny, then take it to pm.

If you don't like his opinion, fine, but at least post something constructive back.

Chris

osh

Chris said:
*sigh*

Keep this on topic, if you two have such a problem with Finny, then take it to pm.

If you don't like his opinion, fine, but at least post something constructive back.

Chris
Ok Chris, answer this one as you have not made a comment on Finny's ' nothing game' statement re the game against Steelers. Do you think that game and our remaining games are 'nothing games' just because we can't win a league trophy ? I certainly don't. I would also add that I have posted something constructive unless you haven't read my post fully. I stated that I think all our games mean something and are there to be won. Now, if you don't see that as being constructive then we are on different wavelengths. I have the right on this forum to express my opinions and you do not have the right to tell me to keep them secret when I think somebody has made a thoughtless comment such as Finny has.

A

Anonymous

osh as Chris said dude try and keep it to pm, your constant disagreeing with Finny is old hat and tiresome man. Your like a dog with a bone.

Finny

devilish said:
Is it just me or have we only played the Caps 3 times at home this season? Isn't it 4 home/4 away games?

Cheers
Yes.
We play them once more on Sunday 21st March - which is the last league game of the season.

Chris

Administrator
Ok Chris, answer this one as you have not made a comment on Finny's ' nothing game' statement re the game against Steelers. Do you think that game and our remaining games are 'nothing games' just because we can't win a league trophy ? I certainly don't. I would also add that I have posted something constructive unless you haven't read my post fully. I stated that I think all our games mean something and are there to be won. Now, if you don't see that as being constructive then we are on different wavelengths. I have the right on this forum to express my opinions and you do not have the right to tell me to keep them secret when I think somebody has made a thoughtless comment such as Finny has.
We're well aware you don't like the way we, or perhaps just myself, run this forum, but I guess that's too bad for you at the present time.

As far as i'm concerned, yes the games that are left apart from the CC final are nothing games, our form has been consistently inconsistent over the course of the season, whatever happens in the last few games isn't going to change that and I can't see why or how the team are suddenly going to change how they're playing.

3rd is almost certainly out of reach now, we spectacularly ballsed up the 1st leg of the CC final and I don't believe we have a chance in hell of winning the 2nd leg up here in the NIC.

As far as my post goes, perhaps you should read the post at the top of this page as well, good thing I wasn't only referring to you...

Chris.

osh

Chris, you obviously haven't read my very recent posts praising this forum. That certainly shows I very much appreciate the forum and the way it is run, even finishing off my post with the words ' well done guys'. Is that really the sign of someone who doesn't like what you do, I don't think so. I appreciate the task a moderator undertakes, but don't get the words moderate and dictate mixed up.

A

Anonymous

I agree with Osh, nothing games? So ending the season with as much momentum ready for the cc 2nd leg and indeed the play-offs is of no importance? We can still finish 3rd also. If the remainder of games are nothing maybe we should keep our money in our pockets and stay at home !!!

Finny said:
devilish said:
Is it just me or have we only played the Caps 3 times at home this season? Isn't it 4 home/4 away games?

Cheers
Yes.
We play them once more on Sunday 21st March - which is the last league game of the season.

Sorry my error - I meant we've only played them away 3 times, according to the devils website fixture list anyway, I assume it's being fitted in somewhere along the line??