Fixture Confusion

Thread starter #1
Sorry if I've missed this somewhere, but trying to plan ahead what games I'll be attending up until Christmas and just wondering if someone could confirm which one is right :?

Elite League Site...

Wed 25th Nov: No Game
Sat 28th Nov: Panthers v Devils
Wed 2nd Dec: Devils v Steelers

Devils Site...

Wed 25th Nov: Devils v Vipers
Sun 29th Nov: Panthers v Devils
Wed 2nd Dec: No Game

drainage

ledgend777 said:
Sorry if I've missed this somewhere, but trying to plan ahead what games I'll be attending up until Christmas and just wondering if someone could confirm which one is right :?

Elite League Site...

Wed 25th Nov: No Game
Sat 28th Nov: Panthers v Devils
Wed 2nd Dec: Devils v Steelers

Devils Site...

Wed 25th Nov: Devils v Vipers
Sun 29th Nov: Panthers v Devils
Wed 2nd Dec: No Game
I have been planning around the Devils view - hope I am right !

I'm a bit bored (at home ill) so have cross referenced against the other teams fixture lists. It appears both the EIHL and Cardiff Devils are right (or wrong?!). From looking at the other teams sites:

Wed 25th - Devils v Vipers
Sun 29th - Panthers v Devils
Wed 2nd - Devils v Steelers

I'm not saying this is right but is what I have gathered from looking around other sites.

Finny

My list says:

Wed 25th Nov: Newcastle (H)
Sat 29th Nov: Nottingham (A)
Wed 2nd Dec: Sheffield (H)

Which seems to be the same as Elite League site?

Finny said:
My list says:

Wed 25th Nov: Newcastle (H)
Sat 29th Nov: Nottingham (A)
Wed 2nd Dec: Sheffield (H)

Which seems to be the same as Elite League site?
The Elite site doesn't have the Vipers game on the 25th.

I didn't know about the Steelers on the 2nd until this thread. With all the marketing steps for the club I'd have thought an up to date fixture list would be a must.

Hull and Coventry have fixture posters for the next month in the rink, I haven't seen one at the devils this year.

Just to confirm we play Belfast at home this sunday at 6pm, not saturday 7pm as the Echo states today?

Ignore my question, as it has been answered on another thread :D

Thread starter #8
Strange we didn't have a game last night or this Sunday coming. looking at the fixtures after Christmas, it's pretty jam packed with only one free Sunday from what I can see, 4 midweek games, and the last but one weekend of the season, we have 3 games in 3 days. Should we get through in the Challenge Cup, then there could be another pile up of fixtures in the final 6 weeks or so :roll: Overall, it does seem to be better this year than the last couple, but in my opinion, they should try and get the Cup competition sorted earlier - it seemed to be ages until the semi-finals were announced and as mentioned on another thread, 5 weeks between the 2 legs is crazy.

Sorry for the bit of a rant, but obviously the number of games at the end of the season could affect our title challenge if players are tired / get injured due to a silly amount of games which could have been better spread out over the season.

Finny

I too would like to see the CC sorted before Christmas. In fact, I would make sure all the CC group games were played first in September before any league games are played.
I would then adopt the football rules where the knockout rounds are allocated certain weekends. You can arrange league games on those dates if you wish - but if you qualify for the semi-finals or final then you have to move those games and play the cup games on the weekend.

However, as with most things the problem is the Arena teams and them not able to book ice time blah blah blah.