Flames Vs Devils - CC - 16th Oct 22

kettdevil1

McNulty, you’re right. Didn’t see what happened though to start it.
No me neither - it's always a tricky rink to see anything!

Enjoyable stuff from both teams although the coaches will be frustrated by the laissez-faire approach to D. Unlike others I actually thought last night was a decent game of hockey and the same went for tonight. Both Sheffield and Guildford have players who are a joy to watch and it was good to see us outmanoeuvre a very good hockey team tonight.

I remain concerned about our defensive awareness (and this is not necessarily aimed at either the actual D men or whichever NM we decide deserves a go on any given night) and the balance of the lines is still frustratingly not quite there but.... I still think we look the second best team in the UK and that's not a bad place to be at this stage of the season

kettdevil1

Am I right in saying that we now have qualification back in our hands? Win our last game and it doesn't matter what Manchester do? Alternatively if the Storm lose to Sheffield then I think we sneak in as sight seeds.... I think.........

august04 2.0

No me neither - it's always a tricky rink to see anything!

Enjoyable stuff from both teams although the coaches will be frustrated by the laissez-faire approach to D. Unlike others I actually thought last night was a decent game of hockey and the same went for tonight. Both Sheffield and Guildford have players who are a joy to watch and it was good to see us outmanoeuvre a very good hockey team tonight.

I remain concerned about our defensive awareness (and this is not necessarily aimed at either the actual D men or whichever NM we decide deserves a go on any given night) and the balance of the lines is still frustratingly not quite there but.... I still think we look the second best team in the UK and that's not a bad place to be at this stage of the season
The first period last night was the best of the season, by a mile. But after that first goal went in, Bowns lost his head, the team lost the plot and we lost the game comfortably. Second best in the UK? I'll think I'll reserve judgement on that until I see the Giants at IAW on Friday. I think we're closely matched with the Flames and Blaze, but Steelers look strong and I expect the Giants to be as well. We need to get some consistency though, so up and down from week to week and that can quickly kill any trophy ambitions.

kettdevil1

The first period last night was the best of the season, by a mile. But after that first goal went in, Bowns lost his head, the team lost the plot and we lost the game comfortably. Second best in the UK? I'll think I'll reserve judgement on that until I see the Giants at IAW on Friday. I think we're closely matched with the Flames and Blaze, but Steelers look strong and I expect the Giants to be as well. We need to get some consistency though, so up and down from week to week and that can quickly kill any trophy ambitions.
Agree on the first period, superb stuff. Petgrave is (arguably) the best player in the league at the moment and a joy to watch but Joey Martin matched him in that first period.

Friday will be a good test - I stand by the fact that we are currently behind Belfast at the moment but I hope I am wrong.

We were comfortably better than Sheffield first game, they were better last night but overall, I still put us marginally ahead..... marginally....

Diablo3

McNulty was pissed off Sanford had scored 4 so tried to start a fight with him. Love the fact Sanford held 4 fingers up as they skated to the bin. I guess it was that that stopped him getting the deserved MOM

Diablo3

Both got injured last night, don’t know what the injuries are or how long their out for.
Might be time for us to get some injury cover. When Dupont was interviewed re last night he said Brittain hasn't been assessed yet, so I take it from that it's likely to be more than a minor injury.

Devil94

Well the sun came up again this morning, and we went in to the barn of the top of the league side and stuffed 'em. 6 goals against a very good goalie, while missing two players.
Bigger picture; 5 wins out of the last 6. If we win 2 out of 3 next weekend that will be a very tidy return in a tough run of fixtures. Let's keep rolling.

Kevlar68

22 replies for a win 145 for a loss.
Again, why the surprise? You've been on here long enough and it's always the same so not really a surprise.
No complaints when we win, everyone's happy.
Lots of critics for a loss as everyone is trying to give their reason why.
That's why always more posts for a loss than a win.
It's the way of the forum.

Diafol

I would say another factor might be that people feel more inclined to give an opinion on a home game they've attended than an away game they haven't watched (although that hasn't stopped some people in the past !)