Flames Vs Devils - League - 30th Dec 23 - FO 18:00

doron

i thought that was one cracking game , Guilford played well. and deserved the win. we just weren't hungry for it. 2nd and 3rd needed more effort.

moggy#9

Well the coaches post match comments should be interesting. But what difference does it make if the same problems with consistency repeat themselves over and over.

I agree with what others have said. Steelers will have the league won some time in February. Also, I'm not sure that the devils can be consistent enough for 9 periods of hockey to win the commentary cup.

I feel that there's a lack of leadership on this team, some letters being torn off shirts might be what's needed.

BostonBart22

Well the coaches post match comments should be interesting. But what difference does it make if the same problems with consistency repeat themselves over and over.

I agree with what others have said. Steelers will have the league won some time in February. Also, I'm not sure that the devils can be consistent enough for 9 periods of hockey to win the commentary cup.

I feel that there's a lack of leadership on this team, some letters being torn off shirts might be what's needed.
I agree with leadership but devils to nicey nicey to change that

Batch isn’t the one to criticise tonight. He actually has some good plays until he was shaken up after being knocked off his feet. I would put him as more reliable than Wilde tonight who seems to be going his own way at times.

august04 2.0

I’ve said it before, we're flat track bullies. It’s OK doing the business against the Coventry's of this world, but when the going gets tough, the usual suspects go missing. It's happened every year since Covid, why are we surprised? There are too many players who have been on a cushy number for too long. While they’re still around, nothing will change.

BostonBart22

I’ve said it before, we're flat track bullies. It’s OK doing the business against the Coventry's of this world, but when the going gets tough, the usual suspects go missing. It's happened every year since Covid, why are we surprised? There are too many players who have been on a cushy number for too long. While they’re still around, nothing will change.
Absolutely some are untouchable..

Not just saying this because of tonight's result, but we are very boring to watch. We barely throw a hit at all. Imo it's just as bad as last year to watch. At least when skalde was here we played a more entertaining game. After what happened at the end, tomorrow I'd start our 4th line & tell them to hit everything. But we all know that won't happen don't we.

ASHIPP

Inconsistency and poor discipline will be the undoing of this team this year. Frustrating because when the team stay focussed, they can produce....but cannot maintain that level. Flames fought hard and that was a worthy comeback. No excuses for our Guys...and there shouldn't be from the Coach either.

Steelers are on a different level to everyone else. The Big Orange Machine is so good in every department including discipline and teamwork.The winning mentality breeds momentum.They deserve to win the League.

kristian

Can't win without the puck. And taking so many pens.
I think Batch been playing a lot better since playing with Wilde. Seems to be an easy scapegoat imo.
No one was great tonight after the 1st.

BostonBart22

Not just saying this because of tonight's result, but we are very boring to watch. We barely throw a hit at all. Imo it's just as bad as last year to watch. At least when skalde was here we played a more entertaining game. After what happened at the end, tomorrow I'd start our 4th line & tell them to hit everything. But we all know that won't happen don't we.
Agree with sending 4th line out first but we need the win foremost and secondly we need full squad v Sheffield on Wednesday, anyway PR not a type of coach for physicality as he remarked a few games back

Hedd Wyn John

Our current points percentage is .673. Basically means 1 defeat for every 2 wins. Nowhere near good enough to win the league. We need to improve sharpish if we want to win the Continental Cup.