Flyers vs Devils - League - 28th Jan 24 - FO 17:15

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
1706025364355.png

Second game of the weekend... And on a Sunday up in the frozen North, assuming the weather doesn't interfere with this!

Hopefully we'll have picked up the two points at home on Saturday against the Flames, to then face the Flyers who are currently sitting in 9th place and struggling a bit...

1706025453981.png

League table taken from EIHL website on 23rd Jan...

We've only played the Flyers twice this season, winning 6-0 at home back in November and losing 4-1 on the road in December... We're playing a bit better (hopefully haven't jinxed it) so the two points and another 4 point weekend would be nice :)

ASHIPP

This is the opposition that have made it difficult in their place for Steelers and Giants. Our Guys do need to be focussed, disciplined and defensively tight for this one.

Wannabe2

Chad won’t be here next year unfortunately, I can see him staying in the UK but with Blaze or Clan. He is too good a player to not play, with his passion he deserves better than being a spectator.

BostonBart22

Chad won’t be here next year unfortunately, I can see him staying in the UK but with Blaze or Clan. He is too good a player to not play, with his passion he deserves better than being a spectator.
Would be a good pick up for storm especially in their rink, wouldn't be surprised if he goes next week somewhere..

Mooney#16

Cox and chad are strached, he really don't like chad does he
I think it’s a harsh narrative to say doesn’t like. They have too many players so someone has to sit. That’s just Russell doing his job. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t like Chad but he has to put out what he believes is the strongest roster. I interpret it as professional decisions over personal and a bit of a non story.

I will caveat this as saying there has been a blind spot as concerns Cox and his ice time this season and he should have sat a couple in exchange for Chad based on performances alone so I would understand if Chad felt he was being treated to a slightly different standard and was aggrieved. That has been an error in judgement from PR as concerns rebuilding the winning mentality. Every player should be accountable and competing for ice time and not just the 4th line.

I think it’s a harsh narrative to say doesn’t like. They have too many players so someone has to sit. That’s just Russell doing his job. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t like Chad but he has to put out what he believes is the strongest roster. I interpret it as professional decisions over personal and a bit of a non story.

I will caveat this as saying there has been a blind spot as concerns Cox and his ice time this season and he should have sat a couple in exchange for Chad based on performances alone so I would understand if Chad felt he was being treated to a slightly different standard and was aggrieved. That has been an error in judgement from PR as concerns rebuilding the winning mentality. Every player should be accountable and competing for ice time and not just the 4th line.
Not really, i heard from a source inside the club they had a big falling out and that you could tell from the last inside the devils PR telling him not to be someone he not, very odd statement. From the outside giving his performances and of others he should of started more games IMHO however it up to PR what he does and learns from them. Some games we have played needed a chad type player. For me it feels a little personal rather than professional. I have played good standard of rugby and been on the end of not being picked because the coach didn't like me, it happens we are all human.