Fournier Released

Fournier is not the first “tough guy” to be “fired“ by the Devils and probably won’t be the last!

He joins a list of :
Jason Rushton
Justin Sawyer
Andrew Conboy
Justin Faryna
Stefan Fournier

I’m sure there may be others but I can’t remember right now.
Maybe a job for Wannabee!

Last edited:

Devils86

Fournier is not the first “tough guy” to be fired by the Devils and probably won’t be the last!

He joins a list of :
Jason Rushton
Justin Sawyer
Andrew Conboy
Justin Faryna
Stefan Fournier

I’m sure there may be others but I can’t remember right now.
Maybe a job for Wannabee!
This may be an incendiary question...was Faryna fired?

Pembo

I think the big take home for me from the whole situation is the Fournier experience proves there is a definite role for a bigger forward who can screen keepers and isn’t afraid to get in the heads of the opposition. Our 3rd line looked really potent over our recent good streak. Waller was being targeted less as well possibly because of pairing him with Fournier. I guess we’re unlikely to find a like for like replacement this side of playoffs but maybe it could be a factor in recruitment next season? Smaller skill guys are awesome but definitely still a role for the throwback type of big physical forward.

Rempel16

Plenty of rumours around Faryna at the time. It was rumoured he got injured as a result of one locker room incident in the CHL.

The other rumours are not worth speculating about.

He left the team of his own accord as far as I recall.

E.D.S.

Plenty of rumours around Faryna at the time. It was rumoured he got injured as a result of one locker room incident in the CHL.

The other rumours are not worth speculating about.

He left the team of his own accord as far as I recall.
Absolutely agree. Speculating about some of this stuff is horrendous. "I heard he didn't want to wear a pride jersey" is pretty much calling him a bigot or a homophobe and its done without any recourse or thought. Generally, most people have no idea why he was released but have no issue in joining in the mindless rumour mill and demanding to know the truth, regardless of the damage it might cause that person. "He didn't want to wear pride jersey" is now doing the rounds on social media which is so damaging to that individual. Just awful. He's clearly screwed up and he's been sacked for it but there's a difference between being sacked for making a mistake and having your morals, beliefs and character brought into question.

Best bit is those people don't come back on here or Twitter and apologise for speculating and causing untold damage.

MA18

Absolutely agree. Speculating about some of this stuff is horrendous. "I heard he didn't want to wear a pride jersey" is pretty much calling him a bigot or a homophobe and its done without any recourse or thought. Generally, most people have no idea why he was released but have no issue in joining in the mindless rumour mill and demanding to know the truth, regardless of the damage it might cause that person. "He didn't want to wear pride jersey" is now doing the rounds on social media which is so damaging to that individual. Just awful. He's clearly screwed up and he's been sacked for it but there's a difference between being sacked for making a mistake and having your morals, beliefs and character brought into question.

Best bit is those people don't come back on here or Twitter and apologise for speculating and causing untold damage.
The most sensible post on the whole situation.

moggy#9

Despite what some might say about the inferno, it is moderated and most of the debate is reasoned. For the most part contributers are sensible, though I doubt many could claim that their passion doesn't get away from them at times.

Twitter is, by comparison, little better than a primary school yard. Oh and the worst bit, those who post screen grabs on Twitter from the inferno to big themselves up and stir some controversy.

Last edited:
I think the big take home for me from the whole situation is the Fournier experience proves there is a definite role for a bigger forward who can screen keepers and isn’t afraid to get in the heads of the opposition. Our 3rd line looked really potent over our recent good streak. Waller was being targeted less as well possibly because of pairing him with Fournier. I guess we’re unlikely to find a like for like replacement this side of playoffs but maybe it could be a factor in recruitment next season? Smaller skill guys are awesome but definitely still a role for the throwback type of big physical forward.
Guess this is what Britain was brought in for, but failed.

lloyd_jeff

Both Brandt and Fournier have or at least should have caught the Todd’s business brain, particularly the auction value of Brandt shirt, he’s a cash cow, fans love him & he brings entertainment. As for this situation like any employee/employer relationship there will be issues, frankly it’s between them and not for us to speculate or spread damaging rumours, he’s history & we move on.

august04 2.0

Interesting that Steve, Brian and Katrina have posted in response to a genuine question/cause of concern. I suppose, despite TK’s obvious dislike of this forum, it shows that the club do read and take notice of some of the so called “nonsense” that is posted here! Long may that continue.

Pembo

Interesting that Steve, Brian and Katrina have posted in response to a genuine question/cause of concern. I suppose, despite TK’s obvious dislike of this forum, it shows that the club do read and take notice of some of the so called “nonsense” that is posted here! Long may that continue.
They’ve all handled the situation like champs. I feel like also the inferno has been better behaved compared with the baseless sensationalism stuff I’ve seen on Twitter and Facebook. Fair play to the mods, the Devils staff who have posted and a sizeable number of posters who have kept the thread decent and avoided allowing speculation to bloom. International break is well timed. Hopefully can make the final push on the league going into the spring.