Franny and Sullivan to return

Mooney#16 said:
Jody the best thing you ever did to securing ownership change within Cardiff was your sterling work within SORAC. The potential business opportunity and growth of the Devils within the new arena you campaigned for is what brought Kelman to the table not the militia arguement with Paul Ragan so from me it's a massive thank you for that. The militia campaign though has not resulted in the ownership change. The militia achieved nothing in reality and there is no victory. The players are still unpaid to the best of everyone's knowledge and even more exposed to not getting there money after the sale.
Sorry but I think the new arena slowed down the process because Ragan was trying to hang on for his perceived pot of gold. There are a number of people who worked hard to bring the buyers to the table

The Militia campaign just highlighted the wrongdoings and put pressure on him. I believe, at present the players remain unpaid, but the liability to pay them still lies with Cardiff Ice Arena Ltd. Nobody has forgotten the debts to the players and CDRA have pledged to put on events to raise that cash

I firmly believe that Todd should be allowed to make the decisions, he has after all had seven years experience at running a successful club.

The Militia got criticised for daring to question the actions of a failing management that was getting worse year on year

Now you can all have a pop if you like because I am saying no more on the subject, just give Todd some time to get things right and I am sure he will

Ocko

We started afresh with new people doing the match night experience last year and it was below standard. Where do those suggesting Todd starts afresh with completely new people believe the skill set and experience will come from.

You don't have to like Paul Sullivan to know he is the best man for the job. Why does it matter that you aren't his friend or that you argued with him on the inferno or you don't like how he went about in the rink. All that should matter is that we have the best people doing the right jobs. PS makes the best videos, makes the best intro, is the best announcer and even can sing the anthem well. Why wouldn't we want him back?

Let's put this in perspective here, no one is suggesting he's going to be the best man at your wedding or even sit next to you in the rink, if he is confirmed as the match night guy he'll stand in the DJ box and work, probably nowhere near you either. You won't have to speak to him, be friends on Facebook, follow him on twitter. If you like him or not it doesn't and shouldn't matter. He isn't taking over the club, be bench coach, head of player development (too soon?), announcer and video guy. Simple.

James

Administrator
Wannabe2 said:
Gazza272 said:
Wannabe2 said:
Live streaming was the best it's ever been?????
Wasn't it the first season it's ever been.???????

Yes, as it was previously said it could not be achieved from the BBT.
Who said it couldn't be achieved in the tent, there were a number of people interested in doing it.
Well Paul Sullivan told me it wasn't possible more than once if that's any use. Happy to see Franny back and my mum always said if you have nothing nice to say about someone say nothing, so I'll say so more.

Wannabe2

One of the guys interested was going to park his own satelitte vehicle outside on match night, he has nearly 40yrs experience of broadcasting, and is a ex HTV engineer, it would have been Multi camera, with Howard's cam as the main, but Ragan decided to go a different route, but there were options.

Slartibartfast

Didn't Regan in one of his interviews have a pop at Paul saying that he had claimed live streaming could not be done.
Naturally with the recent revelations people might struggle to believe what he said.Personally I wouldn't trust anybody involved in hockey politics from either side.

The world of hockey politics is a very unpleasant place. I naively dipped my toe into it 8 years ago and it was full of bickering people trying to get one over on each other. Not much has changed and I fear it will always be the case.
Even if the names changed, the testosterone and egos will always be there.

Just to clear up the whole "It couldn't be done" claims.

What was said was that it couldn't be done without investment. Investment mostly around the broadband links, but we did discuss with Ragan about possible changes to camera position to reduce the break up on any livestream.
This was all factored in to the 'tender' as our expense / investment.
I use quotes, as what was asked to be tendered for appeared to bear no relation to what was actually delivered in the end on match nights.

Anyway. Just wanted to clarify that.
Carry on with whatever this is...

So happy that I just turn up to see a bunch of guys lace up the skates and pull a Devils jersey on.

This kind of politics is a waste of energy. Me, I'm just looking forward to the season starting and watching some hockey

James

Administrator
Imagine said:
Just to clear up the whole "It couldn't be done" claims.

What was said was that it couldn't be done without investment. Investment mostly around the broadband links, but we did discuss with Ragan about possible changes to camera position to reduce the break up on any livestream.
This was all factored in to the 'tender' as our expense / investment.
I use quotes, as what was asked to be tendered for appeared to bear no relation to what was actually delivered in the end on match nights.

Anyway. Just wanted to clarify that.
Carry on with whatever this is...
Just to clear up the whole 'it couldn't be done' claims. This was persistently for a number of years by Paul and nothing to do with your failed bid.

ASHIPP

Todd's arrival is like a breath of fresh air for this club. A respected professional in the sport who clearly is both passionate and deadly serious about reviving and developing the Cardiff Devils.

It's obvious he has a vision for the next 5 years. This is no hobby dabbling whim. Let him
put plans into action For the first time in a long time the fanbase is actually united and positive. Let's get right behind the plans and enjoy the ride.

Looking forward to TK's fan forum and can't wait for next season.

jimmy snels

ASHIPP said:
Todd's arrival is like a breath of fresh air for this club. A respected professional in the sport who clearly is both passionate and deadly serious about reviving and developing the Cardiff Devils.

It's obvious he has a vision for the next 5 years. This is no hobby dabbling whim. Let him
put plans into action For the first time in a long time the fanbase is actually united and positive. Let's get right behind the plans and enjoy the ride.

Looking forward to TK's fan forum and can't wait for next season.

Well said. Lets all get behind the lads and leave the past in the past. Exciting times ahead. Lets enjoy it again. I want to see all the guys who left back with season tickets to. Especially the drummers!

voth26

only the devils fans can kick theirselves in the arse!!!. we have a new owner who is excited about regaining the proud name our club, promising to do his best for us in every aspect of game nights for our enjoyment and what do we do we bicker and make judgements on people who were involved previously. Im not a fan of paul sullivan or a few other posters to be honest personnelly but i trust todd to do whats right for the devils and us fans and actually deliver something ragan promised but didnt actually do.

With regards to the webcast, the number of tweets @CdfDevilsLive received asking us to sort it out was very high, despite us not having any involvement.. The three that I purchased throughout the year also needed refunds due to the poor quality. Not knocking the effort of The team who put it together, as it seemed there was a real lack of infrastructure to provide the service that was promised.

Franny, nobody can sell the city like he can and he's brought some outstanding players here, be glad to have him back to run help out on the bench. If he wants to that is, with his family he might be busy elsewhere, along with his full time job. We'll see.

Sullivan, the guy put together the best match night in the EIHL, countless videos, and with the help of Mr Hubback on Devils TV, added a whole new dimension to the games.

As has been said, it's all down to Mr Kelman who I fully support and trust to make the right decisions in all aspects of the business.

See you in September. Drums and all.

Happy Hockey Days Indeed.

zoesdevil

wildthing74 said:
I knew it wouldn't be long before another divide broke out :DWD
I knew it wouldn't be too long either, It winds me up mate, people weren't happy when PS and Franny got treated the way they did last season and there was uproar and now they might be back it's still not good enough, can anyone win at this club! lol :roll: :DWD

Temme

drummer-sean said:
With regards to the webcast, the number of tweets @CdfDevilsLive received asking us to sort it out was very high, despite us not having any involvement.. The three that I purchased throughout the year also needed refunds due to the poor quality. Not knocking the effort of The team who put it together, as it seemed there was a real lack of infrastructure to provide the service that was promised.

Franny, nobody can sell the city like he can and he's brought some outstanding players here, be glad to have him back to run help out on the bench. If he wants to that is, with his family he might be busy elsewhere, along with his full time job. We'll see.

Sullivan, the guy put together the best match night in the EIHL, countless videos, and with the help of Mr Hubback on Devils TV, added a whole new dimension to the games.

As has been said, it's all down to Mr Kelman who I fully support and trust to make the right decisions in all aspects of the business.

See you in September. Drums and all.

Happy Hockey Days Indeed.
Awesome.

Paul Sullivan on match night provides an un-rivaled experience, without doubt the best match night setup in the league.

And with you back on board drumming the BBT will be rocking again, Mike always does a great job drumming and getting it going (the new drummer took a little while to find his feet, but being the opposite end of the rink to Mike they were always out of sync).

Sean and the guys at the back combined with Mike leads to the best atmosphere anywhere in the league, something that for me, was lacking last year.

fdlf666

Nice to see that Franny is coming back. His knowledge, professional and ethics will be welcomed by all.
His player and coach contacts will be much needed in order to provide a team at what is such short notice.
Not sure about Whistle coming back as appointment (as was Kurka's) was a 'crowd pleaser' and 'ST encourager' and may not be affordable for new club.

Devil94

Has to be Whis for me. Would welcome Franny back as number 2. Surely it's a bit late for another coach to come in and recruit a whole new squad in what, 7-8 weeks?

Mooney#16 said:
...... But to have the policies of the entire fan base dictated by a vocal percentage is what also drives the division in the fan base not just previous crappy ownership.
..... This thread is chock with irony and hypocrisy. It's got nothing to do with hockey or the Cardiff Devils. It's got to do with people's conduct, actions and attitudes and that is why people .............
....and it's the fans' "conduct, actions and attitudes" that last year made us a 'laughing stock'..(the "whining Welsh" ) not the actions of our owner.

The fresh start required, seems to be on its way - re. owners / coach. Just as important for the well being of our club is the fresh start re- fans who want to do more than simply watch ice hockey (you know the kind ! ).....the 'kind' who....if they're not lead horse, won't pull !