Franny and Sullivan to return

James said:
Want me to dig out the threads for the first year Sullivan et al did match night ? Or you could use the search. It got better, (then worse for a bit), then better again but it wasn't all rosy the first year by any means. Personally I thought the music choices always sucked but that's down to my taste in music.
It was probably the same people saying it was bad then. As you said James it may not be your taste in music and as we know from all of the threads on music it depends on different tastes and people do get entrenched in certain genres.

As I said before I think people should be selected for different jobs (the ones that they are good at) Just because someone is doing that job they shouldn't be able to exclude somebody from other jobs EG I am not doing this if he is doing that and I mean that whoever is doing it

I think reading the last few pages of this thread have solidified for me that a clean new break is needed for the good of all parties really. It's clear there is a divide between parties which in my opinion will never give match night a clear vision and implementation.

I would love to see the local universities mined for their resources and bright new inventive ideas. I would love to see more fresh eyes on the product, eyes that know what the general sporting world is doing, what is working in other sports and what is not.

I think we as a fan base often fall into the trap of yearning for something familiar even if it brings it's own troubles. I think we need to realise that in all facets of this hockey club there has always been a first time for someone. Whether that be a player, or off ice official. Or indeed as is the case at the moment, a new owner.

We never thought we would replace Macwilliam but we got Voth. For all those worrying about any of the match night teams old or new being replaced there will be something or someone out there to pick up the reigns. I would love to see them given the chance without interference to put a new fresh stamp on to us.

Finny

Or we could just remember that The Inferno is only a small sample of Devils fans and the vast majority of supporters don't care who is producing the match night videos as long as it's good.

If Franny is Director of Hockey then that surely means that Kelman will be responsible for things like sponsorship? In which case most of this thread is irrelevant?

A bit late to this party, but aside from when Paul Sullivan was GM - a time he brought in Coca Cola & Fordthorne as major sponsors, as well as a host of other smaller names - what has he done to warrant tarring with the same brush as Ragan & Phillips?

If whatever personal beef you have with him putting on a match night means you won't go to the games then that is a shame, but of course it's your prerogative. If your entire company staff won't go either, then that is again a shame.
To suggest he's responsible for issues as bad as Ragan, or in some way 'the power behind the throne' is extreme.

We're 17 pages in on something that hasn't been announced by the club, but it's enlightening to see some of those that have always claimed PS has an agenda being quite transparent with their own agendas.

After helping put together, to quote Ragan "The best match night in the league" with Paul & Hubbs I've personally not had any conversations with Todd or Franny about this coming season.
Hubbs & I both tried to sort things out at the start of the season to continue giving a great match night. Unfortunately the current provider chose not to have any discussion.

What resulted was in no way an improvement, I've always thought that if you're replacing something, it has to be better than what was there before.

It was interesting to hear from away players recently how they could feel the difference in the BBT. Remarking that the place wasn't pumped up like before, wasn't as intimidating after the build up and intros. I never thought that away teams would even notice the home intro, but apparently they do.
Also the bizarre case of Home players not sure if it's their turn to skate forward as they can't understand the announcements.

The club tried to replace Mark Johncock at least twice to my knowledge during the season. Was he aware of that? I doubt it, as that was the way the club was being run.
By the way, wasn't Mark initially hired by Paul when he was GM?

But this is all yesterday's news. After the meet the owners event, EVERYONE should be positive about the coming season.

There seems to be a small number of people that have their own issues with Paul Sullivan, and are very vocal in that. Using the same language that generated all the cries of "proof! Show us the proof!" when hints about the players not being paid were made. "I know lots of people..." "I know former sponsors..."

Whether some like it or not, there are a large number of sponsors, both current and former, that would welcome PS back for the match night.

Paul & Hubbs dug the club out of some self inflicted holes when promises had been made by the office, but nothing acted on. Either getting something up on screens, or by making announcements.
Thankfully, I can't see that being an issue with the new owners, but there's a lot of 'smoothing over' that was done by the team that wouldn't be known about.
Paul has always had the best interests of this club & players at heart, something which can't be said about everyone involved either recently or historically.