G.B.

terry hunt

I dont think Batch was ever a favourite of Russell and lots of Devils fans dont rate him.
Duggan perhaps his style is not a fit.As for Davies i have never been a fan of his but he always seemed to lift his game for GB so that is a surprise.Russell seems to be going with the Canadians which is bad news for home grown talent.
I will be interested how Bowns does .
Perhaps Russell has been reading this forum and noted the way players have been consistently slagged off

moggy#9

I just don't get this arguement. GB and the devils are two completely different teams with completely different constraints. The way people are talking your think it was a personal slight against the players concerned. The coach is just trying to put together the best possible team based on the form he's seen over the last week or so.

BostonBart22

I just don't get this arguement. GB and the devils are two completely different teams with completely different constraints. The way people are talking your think it was a personal slight against the players concerned. The coach is just trying to put together the best possible team based on the form he's seen over the last week or so.
Davies has had his best season by far IMHO pk outstanding.

terry hunt

Very curious i must have been dozing but when did Chuck Weber become an assistant coach for GB,has he got a EIHL club quietly?
The latest cut from the squad appears to be mainly Brits 2 are injured and 3 new players brought in all Canadians?
Is this a GB team seriously?.I noticed that Johnno and Myers are in cant be based on performance then.

kettdevil1

Very curious i must have been dozing but when did Chuck Weber become an assistant coach for GB,has he got a EIHL club quietly?
The latest cut from the squad appears to be mainly Brits 2 are injured and 3 new players brought in all Canadians?
Is this a GB team seriously?.I noticed that Johnno and Myers are in cant be based on performance then.
Weber got the gig a few weeks ago - a smart move for me as he has been successful pretty much everywhere and has kept his links with the GB hockey scene. The GB squad tends to be very focused on role so I suspect that those cut don't quite fit. Myers is our best face off player and best screen. Johnno is rather good at filmed team talks :)