***GAME ON - OFFICIAL***Devils v Giants - 10/01 - 6:00pm

Bit drunk right now so wont say much :p but when your team can sit on the back foot in the 3rd and still stop the team above them in the league from having any real chance to score a goal it says it all really. Totally dominated Belfast tonight, good job boys.
And Mcmorrow can say what he wants, voth won that fight and all mcmorrow could do was pull voths shirt over his head to stop him carrying on.
Well done lads, you did us proud :D

devils2001uk said:
but did these people have issues standing ? before we all jump to saying how bad it was etc!
No. As I was sat down before them both Saturday and yesterday, they walked past me twice perfectly fine to their seats. Also saw them walk about during the intervals via the stairs etc. Lad in high vis bottoms was also walking around in the break showing no signs of difficulty either. Shame really....

W3LSH said:
devils2001uk said:
but did these people have issues standing ? before we all jump to saying how bad it was etc!
No. As I was sat down before them both Saturday and yesterday, they walked past me twice perfectly fine to their seats. Also saw them walk about during the intervals via the stairs etc. Lad in high vis bottoms was also walking around in the break showing no signs of difficulty either. Shame really....
then they should stand, guess they may have there reson !

why would people in high vis have problem walking ????

Koop11

A well controlled game by the Devils last night. We never let Belfast play their game and hopefully this will give us a psychological advantage on the 2nd leg of the CC.

Credit to Voth for taking on McMorrow after he cross checked Tylor on the back while he was down on the ice. Good to see him sending a message out to the so called Sherriff that he won’t be taking advantage in our rink.

I thought Lyle had a great game tonight and deserved him MoM. Big thumbs up to Tyler and Finnerty as well as they are the work horses of this team. What a buy Finnerty has become.

A top 3 finish very much achievable for this team if they continue in this vain but we really do need to pick up some points on the road.

Slightly off topic but it’s interesting that we have not seen comments from the pessimistic forum members when the Devils win but as soon as there is an away loss we have the same 4 or 5 members going on for 15 pages.

Finny

Koop11 said:
Slightly off topic but it’s interesting that we have not seen comments from the pessimistic forum members when the Devils win but as soon as there is an away loss we have the same 4 or 5 members going on for 15 pages.
Uh oh. Now you're in trouble Koop!

Finny said:
Koop11 said:
Uh oh. Now you're in trouble Koop!

he never out of it !!!

if we can get our away form going that would help a lot, after all were only 10 point back from cov

devils2001uk said:
W3LSH said:
devils2001uk said:
then they should stand, guess they may have there reson !

why would people in high vis have problem walking ????
No one suggested people in high vis should have a problem walking??? But as he didn't stand till atleast half way through the anthem, I was making it clear he didn't have an excuse either.

jimmy snels

could only make one game this wkend and sadly missed what sounds like another brill home performance. come on devils lets get a run goin and prove how good we know u can be!!!

any footage of the voth scrap or highlights of the game available anywhere???

drainage

W3LSH said:
devils2001uk said:
Yeap their limbs were working fine from what I saw - its disrespectful but they are obviously happy to demonstrate their ignorance.

Back to game got to laugh at the donkey ..... he had to yank Brads shirt over his head to avoid the smacks !!! Big big man that !

For me point made - Brad is far more valuable on ice than lead legs so ignoring him seems the better course of action now !

Nothing to be proved to someone who is obviously inhabiting his own planet !! He is entertaining but getting Brad in bin for 17 vs his 5 credits him more than he is worth on ice!

But Brad started it !!

Sounds like a good win for the Devils and sets up the CC game nicely, wasnt going to bother going because i hate dumpdonald, but last nights events may make this interesting. Will see if Voth brings his testicles to Belfast this time as he seems to have forgotten them on his last few visits. ;)

Gazza272

Over this past weekend i think a lot of our players showed how good they are/can be.

Latuillipe, Miller, Jarvis, Hartwick, Richardson, Adams, Hill, Michel, Finnerty i guess you could say the whole squad had pretty much faultless weekends and now this form at home has to be carried through to the away games, we are on a 3 game streak and the guys must be likeing this winning feeling so time to carry it on.

Also i think Davies, Hayes and Symonds deserve their own mention, i cant think of another team who has three players their age who can take regular shifts against the Likes of Belfast and Coventry and come away with such good performances, those three guys have talent and considering all three of them didnt have a bad game, theres a great selection headache for Gerad to ponder over this next week.

Gazza272

jester said:
Sounds like a good win for the Devils and sets up the CC game nicely, wasnt going to bother going because i hate dumpdonald, but last nights events may make this interesting. Will see if Voth brings his testicles to Belfast this time as he seems to have forgotten them on his last few visits. ;)

Still dont get it do you?

drainage

jester said:
Voth has nothing to prove - the sensible option is to ignore the deputy (he was downgraded last night!!) and stay on the ice.

You having Mcmorrow in the bin is at best unnoticeable at worst unnoticeable !!

A player like Brad will be missed ........

That said I assume next time Mcmorrow wont have to resort to pulling jerseys over heads to stop the punches !!!!! Sherriff ..... more like deputy dawg Bless him :lol: :lol:

Good times. 4 point weekend and i got my first Devils shirt.

Finnerty putting in his '110%'.
Jay is a legend. "USA!"
Lyle the clinical shot stopper.

Everyone putting in maximum effort to get the job done. And Saturday got pretty gritty at times.

Excellent hockey weekend and i think i'll be gettin that Giants game on the t'internet next week. Should be crackin and an excellent way to get rid of the 'away monkey'.

Monster

ASHIPP

Again, another clever win by the Devils. So proud they fought back from being 1-0 down early. They didn't panic and completely took control in P2. When you need goals at the crucial moment, step up Gerad Adams! The coach setting the example and a great performance.
Jarvo's goal was simply brilliant (I would say that because I love watching him!). Don't know if anyone else saw that set up but Vother skating back and for, blocking site of Murphy and Giants Dman in goalmouth, Jarvo waiting for an opening. Vother gives Jarvo a tiny subtle nod that he's going to move, Jarvo sees the gap and shoots! :cool:

Total team effort last night and Alex, Ben and Jamie need a shout because they all played out of their skins. As for Stevie Lyle, OMG :shock: What a performance. He's standing on his head right now. MOM, no-brainer.
More of the same against Panthers, please. :cool:

I am gutted, missed both games this weekend. Work. Thankyou to everyone that posts negative and positive on here as it gives those not fortunate enough to be their a good overview of the game. Sounds like voth was a credit on this occasion looking after his team mates. Yeah he took a long penalty, we all know he would with referees these days. But it sounds like he has renamed mcmorrow......whats that joke sheriff called in scary movie.....is it duffie or dufus or something. Think ill be bringing a large picture of him next time. A pretend sheriff. Lol

Russky

Well last nights game was the best i have seen in a long time. It had everything!
Big hits by the Devils
Fights/skirmishes
End to end hockey
Great goals and Entertainment (although the third period was a bit tepid!)

I thought Hicks had one of his better games and thats saying something!

Tylor Miichel was MOM for me although Lyle did have a solid game pulling off some great saves!

All in all a great 4pt weekend for the Devils! Another win against Nottingham followed by a good result (I.e. a WIN or even a loss by no more than a two goals!) in Dundondald will do me fine thanks!

Finny

Though it wasn't very exciting or entertaining I was very impressed with how we killed the game off in the third period. Nothing fancy, keep the puck out of our zone and just let the clock tick over.

Grrrr...russky;) even more angry I couldnt go now. Hockey should be made in to a religion. That way I could apply for time off work for religious purposes. Lol.

drainage

Russky said:
I thought Hicks had one of his better games and thats saying something!
Tend to agree (although I am somewhat stunned !) he and the linos were very quick at getting to any "fracas" and stopping anything escalating.

I think between that and our refusal to be pushed around the Giants game plan fell apart !

Have to say wasnt overly impressed with them or the Blaze this weekend - even when 2 - 0 down to Blaze thought they werent that impressive.

Not sure whether the Devils snubbed them out or they werent that good ???