Games v Brest Albatros

On a side issue I am surprised that nonbody has commented on the sales of tickets for the final game at the BBT a week Sunday.

I just had a look and there were only 12 seats left plus 134 standing tickets which I am sure will sell out fast as non standees scramble for tickets

Back in Morlaix now. Apologies for not getting coverage. Tried to make connection, but had to register which created problems and although had local help from Lili Davies a Welsh French Resident we didn’t get success.
A lovely Breton Choir opened the introductions singing a five verse local song followed by the Breton Anthem. There were at least a dozen Cardiff Devils supporters although not all together which made the singing of the Anthem a little less convincing, except of course the Breton Anthem is the same tune as the Welsh National Anthem. As soon as this was realised the small contingent of us sung as loud and proud as possible with our words while the Choir sung the Breton words.
However quick game report as I saw it. Very minimal contact game, Devils obviously having a mind to no injuries. In fact Devils gave away NO PENALTIES ALL GAME. With game end to end free flowing hockey in the first period, the Devils started to impose themselves towards the end of it and finally got the go ahead goal from Haddad. Meanwhile Wil in the Devils goal was well tested on numerous occasions coming up with a good performance and a clean sheet for the first period.
Second period again on the play was pretty even, the main difference being that the Devils set up play was more convincing and effective which created more and more shooting opportunities and in front of goal were more accurate when the chances came. Brest Albatros relied more and more on good break out passes and frequently had three on two and two on one plays and even one man quick breaks only to be thwarted by good goalkeeping by Wil and good defensive recoveries.
By the third period the Cardiff Devils were well on top on the scoreboard, although the Albatros certainly didn’t give up and were rewarded by a good goal and which was rewarded by a sudden awakening of the crowd from their all game silence and a terrific amount of celebratory music over the loudspeakers. You could easily have thought they had suddenly won the match.
It was a good solid performance by the team, who certainly had to put in a good shift to win it. For me stand out performances came from Joey Haddad who scored two I think, Thomas Kurka who was too fast and clever most of the time for the Albatros, and Joey Martin who set up one goal with a lovely bit of stick handling and scored the goal of the game in my opinion. And Finally Wil who had an outstanding game.
Final score Cardiff Devils 6 Brest Albatros 1

Skippy

CornwallTaffy said:
Back in Morlaix now. Apologies for not getting coverage. Tried to make connection, but had to register which created problems and although had local help from Lili Davies a Welsh French Resident we didn’t get success.
A lovely Breton Choir opened the introductions singing a five verse local song followed by the Breton Anthem. There were at least a dozen Cardiff Devils supporters although not all together which made the singing of the Anthem a little less convincing, except of course the Breton Anthem is the same tune as the Welsh National Anthem. As soon as this was realised the small contingent of us sung as loud and proud as possible with our words while the Choir sung the Breton words.
However quick game report as I saw it. Very minimal contact game, Devils obviously having a mind to no injuries. In fact Devils gave away NO PENALTIES ALL GAME. With game end to end free flowing hockey in the first period, the Devils started to impose themselves towards the end of it and finally got the go ahead goal from Haddad. Meanwhile Wil in the Devils goal was well tested on numerous occasions coming up with a good performance and a clean sheet for the first period.
Second period again on the play was pretty even, the main difference being that the Devils set up play was more convincing and effective which created more and more shooting opportunities and in front of goal were more accurate when the chances came. Brest Albatros relied more and more on good break out passes and frequently had three on two and two on one plays and even one man quick breaks only to be thwarted by good goalkeeping by Wil and good defensive recoveries.
By the third period the Cardiff Devils were well on top on the scoreboard, although the Albatros certainly didn’t give up and were rewarded by a good goal and which was rewarded by a sudden awakening of the crowd from their all game silence and a terrific amount of celebratory music over the loudspeakers. You could easily have thought they had suddenly won the match.
It was a good solid performance by the team, who certainly had to put in a good shift to win it. For me stand out performances came from Joey Haddad who scored two I think, Thomas Kurka who was too fast and clever most of the time for the Albatros, and Joey Martin who set up one goal with a lovely bit of stick handling and scored the goal of the game in my opinion. And Finally Wil who had an outstanding game.
Final score Cardiff Devils 6 Brest Albatros 1
Thanks for posting this really appreciated

Hi there ! I'm a french Albatros fan visiting your forum. :D

Thanks to Cornwalltaffy for the report, I will not have to do one so with many many english fault.

A very very FRIENDLY game yesterday. No contact at all, both team are really afraid of injuries. Despite of that there was an akward moment when Andrew Hottham was hit in the head by a puck. But it struck his helmet so no harm done :cool:

Cardiff's victory is logical, Brest had some occasions but wasn't accurate at all or found the gauntlet of your goaltender Will (good game for him). Our goaltender was a retired guy who hadn't play since las year so he was a bit rusty. Tonight I hope it will be our usual backup (our starter is on National team too, like Brown) so I think it will be a much tight game. The crowd will be louder, yesterday our fan club did'nt have their drums and they didn't sung a lot. There will be more attendance too because it is saturday night.

Nice to hear the Wales and Brittany Anthems (which is the same tune but with different lyrics), your fans sing louder that the french people ! You could be proud of them.

If you want to see stats report it here : http://ligue_magnus.stats.pointstreak.c ... id=2847962

Tonight you could follow the game here : http://ligue_magnus.stats.pointstreak.c ... onid=14646
SORRY no video ... It is only the game report that will be update

Ps : sorry for my rusty english, we could continue in french if you like :mrgreen: