GB results

osh

Thread starter #1
3 losses so far, high hopes going in to this competition, but it seems we may well face a relegation battle instead !

They have been very poor too! Never really looked like being competitive except for a short time against Hungary. I have been really disappointed with them. Shields, peacock, lee, and sadly hill have been very poor. the only players to look decent in my mind are dowd weaver farmer Davies and to a certain extent Murphy despite conceding 14 in 3 games!

osh

Thread starter #4
Another loss! Have to win in regulation today against Korea in order to avoid relegation. Seems we are just not quite good enough at this level. No doubt the guys did their best, but just how we improve I'm not sure.

Gazza272

osh said:
Another loss! Have to win in regulation today against Korea in order to avoid relegation. Seems we are just not quite good enough at this level. No doubt the guys did their best, but just how we improve I'm not sure.

The players are good enough at that level, the coach is not.

osh

Thread starter #6
Gazza272 said:
osh said:

You're probably right, but our players still looked slow in comparison to who we were playing. Not enough money going in to the sport from government level. Imagine if we could get even 10% of what they dish out to cycling, athletics, swimming etc !!!

Gazza272

osh said:
Gazza272 said:
osh said:

You're probably right, but our players still looked slow in comparison to who we were playing. Not enough money going in to the sport from government level. Imagine if we could get even 10% of what they dish out to cycling, athletics, swimming etc !!!

Thing is though this British team has had two touraments more together this season than other GB teams that have done better at the worlds.

The blame has to lie at the door of the coach for not keeping a better prepared GB team in this pool.

Earnie

Relegated!
We managed to hang on in there for many years but not this time.
What else - sack the coaches - Tony Hand and Doug Christianson.
The mobility and speed of the team were pedestrian compared to the opposition.