GB squad

Have Hope#35

Seems like the coach at Fife has little confidence with the Brits at his disposal. More often than not their icetime per game is 0.00.

Basically they’ve reverted to an all import team which I’m sure on occasions will win a few games, but over the long haul of a full season surely isn’t sustainable.
Not even sure he travelled to Sheffield as he's not listed for that game on the EIHL Website (may have been with his 2-Way Team)? You would've expected him to get a few shifts at home though!?

kingmo19.1

Looking at their team stats, average icetime per game for the season so far is:-

Spence ….. 3.40
Kay ………… 0.34
Page ………. 0.57

Those boys would be better off playing SNL or NIHL.

doron

in fairness, the coach is in a bad position. he needs to win games and keep the fans coming to the game, and i would say he's doing that. also, he didn't sign the Brits in the first place. he's working on a small budget. but in regards to the Brits, its a waste of time being there. hopefully next season he will pick his own Brits, and give them proper ice time, if not then he should go. because it looks very bad.

in fairness, the coach is in a bad position. he needs to win games and keep the fans coming to the game, and i would say he's doing that. also, he didn't sign the Brits in the first place. he's working on a small budget. but in regards to the Brits, its a waste of time being there. hopefully next season he will pick his own Brits, and give them proper ice time, if not then he should go. because it looks very bad.
I'd assumed it was purely a budget thing. The roster rules require the Brit core but based on last year's attendances they'd have struggled to fund a full team.

moggy#9

To be honest I've had concerns about how viable fife are in the elite league for a while. This seems to be a symptom of that.The thing is though that the league needs to be doing everything it can to ensure it doesn't lose any teams. Actually having a wage cap and enforcing it is one part of that. Another approach might be to consider if some form of revenue sharing could be applied.

Whilst I realise the big clubs would hate the idea, they'd have to balance that against their losses from having less fixtures or from the league collapsing as isl did.

Finny

The general consensus from Fife fans on THF is that:
-they'd upset their existing Brits previously and so they all left for other teams
-by the time they'd signed a new coach the majority of local brits had signed elsewhere.

Fife should be competitive in the EIHL. Their capacity is similar to ours and the owners also own the rink (I think?)

The problem is that they are only getting crowds around half their capacity. I think part of that is down to the old chicken and egg argument.
The crowds aren't big because the product on the ice isn't good enough/winning enough
The product on the ice isn't good enough because the crowds aren't big enough.

Wannabe2

Fife need a tough character who can also play, they need a fans favourite who can put bums on seats. All teams could do with a Justin Faryna, Ian McIntyre, Adam Keefe. It’s toughness that Fife love, and don’t we all.

kingmo19.1

To be honest I've had concerns about how viable fife are in the elite league for a while. This seems to be a symptom of that.The thing is though that the league needs to be doing everything it can to ensure it doesn't lose any teams. Actually having a wage cap and enforcing it is one part of that. Another approach might be to consider if some form of revenue sharing could be applied.

Whilst I realise the big clubs would hate the idea, they'd have to balance that against their losses from having less fixtures or from the league collapsing as isl did.
I think the bigger clubs could do a bit more to ensure the smaller teams are retained in the league, therefore, ensuring their own (and the leagues longevity).

A relatively simple one would be to tweak the 50/50 that each team does.

50% to the winning ticket.
35% to the club.
15% into an EIHL pot that is equally distributed.

I’ve not crunched the figures, but something like that would be good - I’m sure all fans buying a 50/50 wouldn’t mind and the smaller distribution per club just helps to ensure the smaller teams are supported.

pjj365

Questions:
Will our selected Brits play on Friday (same applies to Blaze)
Is Sunday a gift to Storm
Will we call up as many 2 way Brits as we can
Will PR be on our bench on Friday
Will Franny be the sole coach on Sunday
and the biggie
Will EIHL step in and in the interest of GB and a level leauge playing field mandate the postponement of these games

I haven't checked Giants and Steelers fixture list but they could be equally hit

BostonBart22

Questions:
Will our selected Brits play on Friday (same applies to Blaze)
Is Sunday a gift to Storm
Will we call up as many 2 way Brits as we can
Will PR be on our bench on Friday
Will Franny be the sole coach on Sunday
and the biggie
Will EIHL step in and in the interest of GB and a level leauge playing field mandate the postponement of these games

I haven't checked Giants and Steelers fixture list but they could be equally hit
Think devils got 5 players in gb squad so probably worse than other teams in the lge.to late to postpone now..