GB

moggy#9

I wouldn’t know how to do it but it would be good if someone could gather all the accolades about the GB team, and in particular the Welsh involvement , and send it to Mark Drakeford. I think he has forgotten who we are!!
I think you're mistaking him for someone who gives a damn. The only way we'll get the assembly to do anything is through a PR campaign. They hate negative publicity.

mjh

All the latest news from mainstream media and WG politicians points towards a pause, in spite of zero deaths and current hospitalisation being below all SAGE models. I don't think we'll get the rink open anytime soon, much less a full barn for any games. I hope I'm wrong and I know people will have differing opinions, I'm just pointing to what's being reported. It's been awesome seeing GB the last few weeks. Really hope there's more hockey to come very soon.

mjh

Ps, I'm sure I saw Drakeford at a game once. I also saw the previous first minister meeting with a Devils official in Starbucks a couple of years back. I think they're all secret fans!

NathanG

Sick of hearing of these new variants. Darts is back. There was hell of a crowd at the recent premier league match.

When everyone gets their second vaxx, surely there won't be a need for social distancing and we can go back to full barns etc. Otherwise what is the point??

Anyway, if you want a hockey fix and you're willing to make the drive to Sheffield, this weekend the NIHL Cup final is taking place. 2 semis on Saturday and the final on Sunday. I've got my ticket.

I never thought I'd say this but I can't quite believe how much love I've got for a dirty Steeler but there we go. Liam Kirk has been phenomenal ...even more impressive what he's done considering he's not playing for one of the big teams with lots of possession/powerplays/chances on net each game. Obviously it's a big step up, but I think Arizona would be crazy not to offer him an entry level deal to see how he pans out in the AHL... especially when you consider the players in this tournament he has outscored, there's clearly a lot of potential there. After the first two games I thought there was no way Kirk would be able to keep putting points up against top quality opposition but he did. Super excited to see his next move and follow his career.

BostonBart22

Thread starter #107
Sick of hearing of these new variants. Darts is back. There was hell of a crowd at the recent premier league match.

When everyone gets their second vaxx, surely there won't be a need for social distancing and we can go back to full barns etc. Otherwise what is the point??

Anyway, if you want a hockey fix and you're willing to make the drive to Sheffield, this weekend the NIHL Cup final is taking place. 2 semis on Saturday and the final on Sunday. I've got my ticket.
Agree this cant go on forever, pretty sure Boston had 17,400 for the last home game.

Wannabe2

However 600 people per day are dying in the states, and they are pretty stupid over there. I hope and pray for a season here, but only as long it’s safe for everyone.