GENERAL - Continental Cup Final 2024

Kevlar68

If ever we have a chance to win a European title it's now with home ice advantage and a coach with European and international experience BUT after this weekends results we need to improve 10 fold if we want to come out as champions.

Last edited:

Diablo3

If ever we have a chance to win a European title it's now with home ice advantage and a coach with European and international experience BUT after this weekends results we need to improve 10 fold if we want to come out as champions.
You just know the guys will be up for it, they want to win silverware. Not sure how they are going to provide dressing room space now we lost the other pad though.

Have Hope#35

You just know the guys will be up for it, they want to win silverware. Not sure how they are going to provide dressing room space now we lost the other pad though.
The changing rooms in the corridor under block 19 behind the cafe are already in the process of being developed/merged to provide suitable larger rooms.

I wonder what sort of travelling fan numbers we'll get for the final?
Can we get the keys to Toys R Us and turn it into some sort of Fan Zone?! ;-)

Ger-Devils

I doubt we’ll get any Nomad fans unless they’re living local.

Katowice travel well from previous trips.

Not sure on Herning

drainage

Very few away fans for Nomad in Grenoble not the easy journey but think fans from Poland and Denmark have a better option

Martynwo

really not interested in this round, would prefer to put all effort into winning some domestic trophies between now and the end of the season and to keep bodies injury free.

Kevlar68

I see it like this ....

For a player you want to win whatever is the highest honor out there so for British teams it would be champions of Europe.

Winning a European title would give the Devils name more gravitas and could make playing for the Devils an even more attractive move to players we're looking to sign.

The Devils name would also spread further throughout the hockey world being champions of Europe than just being British champions.

And of course I would have thought the prize money would be higher than a British title.

moggy#9

I just don't get some people. In the past I've heard arguments that we shouldn't enter the CHL because we've no chance of winning (ignoring the prestige and how it upped our level of play). Now we're in a European competition that we have a serious chance of winning, against worthy opponents, and that's not good enough either?

Seriously? People would rather watch Coventry than herning? To my mind playing for this sort of prize is what makes the domestic competitions worthwhile.

I was there in Tilburg 30 years ago when the devils made history. I intend to be there to see them (hopefully) make history again.