GENERAL - Continental Cup Final 2024

I think we’ll find one of the refs will display an aire of aloofness and the other will show a more downtrodden pessimism, and of the linesmen, one will be a stickler for the rules and the other won’t give a monkey’s about the rules!

Firmly tongue in cheek of course!

moggy#9

I got here just in time for the second. Fast game. A few random notes.

Both teams look physically big.
Herning look the better team.
Great puck movement by herning who seen to always find a passing lane and have great luck retention.

I'm very impressed by the numbers of travelling fans. The atmosphere tomorrow should be amazing.

Obvious extra security outside (metal scans), but I can't really see any sign of it inside.

BostonBart22

Just random, wouldn't wristbands been a good idea then once, building been opened for the 2nd game fans could go straight back in having been searched for the first game instead of being searched again just saying

pjj365

Just random, wouldn't wristbands been a good idea then once, building been opened for the 2nd game fans could go straight back in having been searched for the first game instead of being searched again just saying
If you're going to search then it needs to be done again:
1 New set of away fans
2 Time to get to car and back - even time to drive to Tesco (a guess I was not there)
BUT if usual exit routine during period break then maybe smokers should be searched on re-entry!

E.D.S.

If you're going to search then it needs to be done again:
1 New set of away fans
2 Time to get to car and back - even time to drive to Tesco (a guess I was not there)
BUT if usual exit routine during period break then maybe smokers should be searched on re-entry!
That’s what made Grenoble so good. You had a fan zone which was immediately outside the rink so effectively you got searched to enter the fan zone.
Once you’re in that you had access to the rink and the fan zone bar. Which is where you could wait in between games if you wanted. Not really practical here as I’m not sure where the fan zone could be but it certainly helped with queue times.

Devils86

That’s what made Grenoble so good. You had a fan zone which was immediately outside the rink so effectively you got searched to enter the fan zone.
Once you’re in that you had access to the rink and the fan zone bar. Which is where you could wait in between games if you wanted. Not really practical here as I’m not sure where the fan zone could be but it certainly helped with queue times.
Could put up temp fences up to make an enclosed area off the VIP entrance... run it down the side of the rink

E.D.S.

Could put up temp fences up to make an enclosed area off the VIP entrance... run it down the side of the rink
Yep good shout, I wonder if the pool usage and public access might make that an issue. I’d not been to any other CHL or Conti cup games but from what some of the other fans were saying Grenoble was unique in having that fan zone. It certainly made it better than having to cram in to a local pub for hours in between games