Giants pretty much qualified for CHL

Eynonz

I wonder what's the closest ice to Guildford is that would pass CHL requirements.

If I was the EIHL I'd try and rearrange the league schedule next year to allow them to play in Coventry, or Bristol if that's appropriate.

Diablo3

Only things I could find on the CHL rules is there must be a video cube and goal line technology. Haven't been to Guildford but isn't their scoreboard on a wall?

Wannabe2

Only things I could find on the CHL rules is there must be a video cube and goal line technology. Haven't been to Guildford but isn't their scoreboard on a wall?
Yes it is, and in fairness it’s a dump, poor Sightlines, it’s in a leisure centre and you can’t take your beer to your seat, which is pretty Victorian. Very good team, excellent Coach, but as a venue zilch.

ASHIPP

Can see the possibility of IAW for Guildford if they qualify. Its been used for all Devils home games during the recent glory days of CHL qualification.
Possibly their games arranged for evenings when Devils have away games.

moggy#9

This brings back memories of the devils behind denied entry to the chl's predecessor because they didn't like the wnir and wanted Manchester arena. I felt back then that qualification should be on merit, but if there is a restriction for practical reasons it should be made clear in the rules at the start of the season.

kettdevil1

I loved the CHL, but the changes to it have made it all a bit rubbish.

It was building nicely, so it’s sad to see them change it. Loved our European trips.
Have to say I agree, although with the caveat that when travelling to some of the bigger clubs, the attendances always looked pretty small so financially I suspect they had to change.

The one question I haven't seen an answer to is.... how Guildford feel about this? I remember the owners talking about the expense of the CHL (travel, extra time with the squad etc) and in a smaller market, those costs might put off the club from being part of it. Not sure.....

James

Administrator
They do like their adverts to be shown in the breaks. Its probably an agreement between the CHL and its advertisers, and Guildford can't provide that.