Giants v Devils - 04/04 - 4:00pm - Playoff Final!

TheDevilTorn said:
The Devils were brilliant too, as they were when we demolished the steelers. You call 17/10 good odds? How much did you bet/win? Calling the lads big time Charlies? Ubelievable. Some people should be ashamed. I respected peoples comments until tonight.
The Devils were probably the best team of the weekend - still nothing to show for it though.

Do you do much hockey betting? It's pretty pap to be honest. 17/10 for the Giants was a lot better than 8/13 for the Devils. Therefore, good odds. I won enough! ;)

"Stand up if you've won a cup" - I don't know if Panthers fans were trying to be ironic or just stupid there... :shock: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Holl_5 said:
TheDevilTorn said:
The Devils were brilliant too, as they were when we demolished the steelers. You call 17/10 good odds? How much did you bet/win? Calling the lads big time Charlies? Ubelievable. Some people should be ashamed. I respected peoples comments until tonight.
The Devils were probably the best team of the weekend - still nothing to show for it though.

Do you do much hockey betting? It's pretty pap to be honest. 17/10 for the Giants was a lot better than 8/13 for the Devils. Therefore, good odds. I won enough! ;)

"Stand up if you've won a cup" - I don't know if Panthers fans were trying to be ironic or just stupid there... :shock: :lol:
Not probably Holl, we were. Just goes to show, the best team doesn't always win. I dont bet at all anymore, its a mugs game, bit of a cliche but very true! I once won a bit on the footy ....... then lost it all, think it was last season, put everything I had won on Spurs to beat Hull (I think) It ended 0-0 :x

A

Anonymous

Holl_5 said:
TheDevilTorn said:
Just goes to show, the best team doesn't always win.
Quite. Steelers were clearly the best team in the whole league this season!! :lol: :lol:
Good one! :lol: I think you will do much better next season, cant really do any worse :lol:

chris592

TheDevilTorn said:
Holl_5 said:
TheDevilTorn said:

Not probably Holl, we were. Just goes to show, the best team doesn't always win. I dont bet at all anymore, its a mugs game, bit of a cliche but very true! I once won a bit on the footy ....... then lost it all, think it was last season, put everything I had won on Spurs to beat Hull (I think) It ended 0-0 :x
The best team always wins in my opinion.

I do agree that for most of the 60 minutes the Devils seemed to want it more than us, but into the 3rd, and certainly into OT the Giants were on the front foot. It was any ones during the pen shot-out lotto, but Chev's goal was worthy of winning the championship.

Unlucky Cardiff you have a fantastic team and fans, and together we made it a great final.

A

Anonymous

The Devils were the better team in periods 1 and 2, Giants had the 3rd no question, thought OT was fairly even. Finnerty could of won it with a great play from one end to the other. Where did he find the energy from for that? It was a great final, 2 great sides, but, perhaps a little biased, I thought the Devils deserved to win and could of so very easily what with a bit more fortune.

Russky

My post was based on my observations and whilst ONE of the calls against Miller may have been a reffing mistake, the other two werent and Belfast scored twice while he was in the bin - a fair supposition! I think Miller owes Max a couple of beers!

DevilDom

Just got back from a fantastic weekend and very proud of the team and the fans of the Devils.

IMO we played the best hockey over the weekend and just lost out to a very gritty Giants side in an incredibly tight final.

The fans were great (but you come to expect that now) and the team gave everything and just fell short.

I am slightly amazed that there is quite a lot of negativity on the forum after the great performances but I guess that is just the nature of the beast.

Whether G should stay or go and which players should stay and go should be left for a while now and we should just reflect on what has in my opinion been a season of progression. Lets say goodbye to the players tonight and then maybe we can talk about their jobs.

Mooney#16

The ignorance of the sport and lack of class of some people of here coupled with there desire to make themselves heard is unbelievable. Be dignified in victory and defeat and people will respect you. Talk rubbish before the ice has even been resurfaced and don't be surprised if people see you for what you are. An opinionated idiot with a keyboard and bogus login name.

That was just a stand out game of hockey. Be glad you were a part of it and move on without accusations and recriminations. The team gave it everything. Leave it on the ice.

mazza03

I watched the game on the big screen in Walkabout (boy how big is that!) and IMHO Devils had the first two periods and the OT, the puck was in the Belfast zone more than ours, the team slowed for ten minutes in the third then picked back up, we were very, very unlucky not to win.

Martynwo

andydevils said:
Gotta say here driving home from nottingham extremely gutted. Some big game players had the weekend off. Tylor was extremely quiet, voth who??? Hartwick who didn't stay standing up long enough on the ice saturday. MILLER stupid penalties resulted in 2 goals for giants. We had a 4 min penalty then ends up in the box.
Players really need to know how much it hurts us devils fans when this happens and how much it costs us.
I'm sure you can take it up with the players tonight

DevilDom

Finny said:
Miller should be dragged through the streets of Cardiff, publically flogged whilst naked. And then chopped into little bits and what is left of him thrown into the Taff so that the tide can eventually take him back to N. America.

Because that is what us Devils fans do best. Look for a scapegoat. It has to be someones fault because we can't accept the fact that on the day luck deserted us.

I thought Miller was unlucky. Perhaps his reputation of a goalie-runner meant that he was a targetted man by the ex-goalie referee. The first penalty for interference was nonsense, and the second one wasn't picked up by Sky. Later in the game he was smacked in the face with a two-handed punch when chasing the loose punch and Hanson incredibly didn't call anything.

The suggestions that "If Miller hadn't taken that penalty we would have won" is totally nonsense. The game wouldn't have run the exact same way - there is no way of knowing what would have happened.
Would Murphy had made that clanger for our opener? He looked nervous with all the players infront of him - perhaps because Miller had crashed into him several times.

Miller has really stepped it up in the second half of the season and scored some vital goals for us. 5 goals in 4 games and some people want to blame him for not winning the title.

Well I don't one bit. And he would be one of my top 5 players to re-sign for next season.
I have to (reluctantly :oops: ) agree with this.

the penalties miller took were stupid. the refs were treating them really unfair since every hit the giants gave they got away with it. you should never blame you're own team mte, and if thats the way you're all acting then you're being very supportive.

MILLER YOUR AWESOME!!

Sliput

Finny said:
Miller should be dragged through the streets of Cardiff, publically flogged whilst naked. And then chopped into little bits and what is left of him thrown into the Taff so that the tide can eventually take him back to N. America.

Because that is what us Devils fans do best. Look for a scapegoat. It has to be someones fault because we can't accept the fact that on the day luck deserted us.

I thought Miller was unlucky. Perhaps his reputation of a goalie-runner meant that he was a targetted man by the ex-goalie referee. The first penalty for interference was nonsense, and the second one wasn't picked up by Sky. Later in the game he was smacked in the face with a two-handed punch when chasing the loose punch and Hanson incredibly didn't call anything.

The suggestions that "If Miller hadn't taken that penalty we would have won" is totally nonsense. The game wouldn't have run the exact same way - there is no way of knowing what would have happened.
Would Murphy had made that clanger for our opener? He looked nervous with all the players infront of him - perhaps because Miller had crashed into him several times.

Miller has really stepped it up in the second half of the season and scored some vital goals for us. 5 goals in 4 games and some people want to blame him for not winning the title.

Well I don't one bit. And he would be one of my top 5 players to re-sign for next season.
Have to agree with everything you have said Finny....

Finny said:

Well said Finny, cant blame one man for losing the game, title or whatever, you might as well blame each and everyone who failed to put the puck in the back of the net during penalties, you just cant do it !!

I think they boys played their hearts out and they can hold their heads up, they did us proud, hell, I wouldnt want their job, imagine what they are thinking if they read this thread :shock: or any prospective player for that matter :oops:

Sliput

andydevils said:
Gotta say here driving home from nottingham extremely gutted. Some big game players had the weekend off. Tylor was extremely quiet, voth who??? Hartwick who didn't stay standing up long enough on the ice saturday. MILLER stupid penalties resulted in 2 goals for giants. We had a 4 min penalty then ends up in the box.
Players really need to know how much it hurts us devils fans when this happens and how much it costs us.
Of course, at the end of the game all the players were laughing and joking with each other werent they !!!!! What a bizarre comment !!!

As for saying some big game players had the night off...i totally disagree with you. I think the boys did a great job and i am a very proud Devils fan...gutted, but proud.

Miller had the highest work rate of any Devils player not only this weekend but also during the season.

If you do the most work you may make the most mistakes!

I wouldn't change Millers performance of any game any time, especially over the weekend, he was brilliant.

A

Anonymous

If only you guys wernt on here last night. I have said the same thing and got comments like "shall I spell it out for you and were you watching the same game describing my comments as bull So glad the majority of fans saw the game for what it was. If you havent read previous posts, please do. Some of the comments left will knock you bandy !!!

osh

Finny said:

Fair play Finny, some truth in what you write, especially the first paragraph !! :D ;) :D

This weekend saw the best performances from the Devils this season......by far!
[*]Played three good periods against the Blaze.
[*]Outplayed the Giants for two periods.
[*]Outplayed ourselves/ tired.....for the 3rd period + overtime.
[*]Devils' most threatening / hardest working / best player......Matt Miller. Criticism of him is totally unjust.
[*]Quiet / anonymous.....Michel & Voth....don't know why?
[*]Best performance of the season...Hartwick
[*]Over all.......we took it to the limit...but didn't quite get over the finishing line first !
[*]Power play....still...not a clue....no control.....no idea.
After what I have thought, was a really mediocre' season.......the Devils' team performed really well ......and put me back on the edge of my seat!!!!