Giants v Devils - 07/03 @ 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Why don't u blame our power play instead of hicks??
0 from 7 and u blame hicks for our loss??

The difference is the special teams play.
And our is crap at pp and pk that's why we lose!

Bring on september

rolf

knowitall said:
Why don't u blame our power play instead of hicks??
0 from 7 and u blame hicks for our loss??

The difference is the special teams play.
And our is crap at pp and pk that's why we lose!

Bring on september
Thanks for that incite mate. Watch the devils much do you?

Most people blame officials instead of the players!
People seem to think its hicks fault we lost tonight and not the players.
U got to take the opportunities u get and we ha 7 and didn't take 1.
Giants took 2 from 5 that's the difference.
Get over it.

DevilDom

I can't comment on the performance of Hicks as I didn't watch the game but our pp stats are now 0 from 27 in our last 6 games.

Ocko

knowitall said:
Most people blame officials instead of the players!
People seem to think its hicks fault we lost tonight and not the players.
U got to take the opportunities u get and we ha 7 and didn't take 1.
Giants took 2 from 5 that's the difference.
Get over it.
You cannot fault the players at all, if you watched the game you wouldnt lay any fault with our boys.

rolf

Welcome friend and feel free to rub our noses in it. Do you really think you deserved the win tonight? Oh wait a minute of course you do otherwise you wouldn't be on here givin it large.

I thought Hicks had a bad game calling some shocking calls against the Giants and we still won. Exciting game back and forth and plenty of physical plays.

Giants have already won the league and the Devils had lots to play for in a play-off dog fight. So at 4.2 down I thought the Devils would of won. But this Giants team gives 100% effort every game and just stepped it up and out battled and out fought the Devils and were rewarded by getting the goals needed.

Gisland

Rolf. You were beaten by a better team.!! Get over it. You had more shots on goal, which you couldn't convert,simple fact. Your power play sucks. Refs call bad and good games. The giants had some calls not made that should have been called. If being generous ,you would have deserved a point, nothing more. The giants scored 3 times in the last 10 mins. If it is such a common fact the giants have a dominant 3rd period,the devils should have shut the doors in the nutural zone, to ensure no one was getting through.!
Whistle has you playing as a team, congrats, he will make a play off team in the short time he has ( if you can make the play offs, which i hope you do). Tonight was nothing to do with the ref. You had a 2 goal lead and blew it.Its sport. it happens, its a game.
PS Lets hope no one takes you up on the liable.!!

rolf

I'll take me chances. Let the bat fastard take me to task.
and thanks for tellin me how I should have interpreted tonight's game. I knew I was missin some thing......................

Looks like it was a great game..credit to Devils..see Giants are deffo beatable..and reffing.well ife said it all before..trouble is when ur in a dogfight any erratic reffing performances will hit harder.

rolf said:
Welcome friend and feel free to rub our noses in it. Do you really think you deserved the win tonight? Oh wait a minute of course you do otherwise you wouldn't be on here givin it large.
Eh, what, looking by post count I've been a member on hear longer than you :DWD

so blame the ref if you lose....ummm I have heard that somewhere before, ah yes in Nottingham.
Some of you are saying that the Devils lost last night because of 2 late pens against Devils. Those would be Plumpton on 10.38 for roughing, and Faulkener on 14.56 for high sticking.
Plumpton was trying his best to get Keefe to fight again so he would be kicked out (3 majors) and he slashed at him on the blue line, Keefe then went around the net and Plumpton continued to try to get Keefe to react by checking and actually punching in the head at the side of the net, the puck came out to Phillips who scored (3-4) then Plumpton threw a punch towards Keefe, simple call for roughing. The high stick was also pretty obvious, but then again Faulkener seemed to be doing that quite a lot last night, and yes we scored on the PP.
Yes the Devils played very well, and maybe should have taken something from the game they outshot the Giants 41-30, and you were 0-7 on the pp.
I think some of you need to focus on the fact that you had more opportunities with shots and on the pp that they weren't able to convert, instead of using the "bad ref" excuse.
Hicks had a poor game last night more for the calls he MISSED than the ones he gave. But some have gone a little to far with libellous accusations against Hick. You need to take a step back and have a very good look at what your accusing him of, with very little evidence in your favour.

Gisland

rolf said:
I'll take me chances. Let the bat fastard take me to task.
and thanks for tellin me how I should have interpreted tonight's game. I knew I was missin some thing......................
Jeez, what hostility. Get out much..... Who was telling you how to interpret the game?
I gave you some facts, you gave a load of " your thoughts ". Your the one telling us how it is according to Rolfs perspective. Giving it large and acting the big lad just might get you in bother. MY Opinion, i hope does.

jester said:
rolf said:
Eh, what, looking by post count I've been a member on hear longer than you :DWD
Just above the post count you are using there is a joining date,

ROLF......Sept 2008
JESTER......Nov 2009

:lol:

Gisland '2 posts' i think youve gone a bit too far with ur last post TBH...refs can be frustrating to say the least..people have different opinions..the world keeps turnin..