Giants v Devils - Playoff Final! - Sunday 16th April @ 1700

Todd and owners have to get rid of DuPont and Horn please listen to all the fans this season has been a disaster no consistency at all ,changes need to be made during the off season ,please no more rookie coaches this devils team needs a compatent and experience coach to go for league title next season with also a few new players and get rid of old wood

Diafol

Well it was inevitable really.
Onwards and upwards, let's hope the required changes are made during the off season and next year will see a big improvement.

Belfast in all fairness seemed to want it more towards the end and kept up the pressure. We again became inconsistent and were passing blind and giving the puck away often. And what is this pass the puck out accross our OWN keeper that we seem to be doing lately.

ASHIPP

Giants achieved the treble well done to them. Worthy winners...best team in all competitions.

If there is any truth to the criticisms and speculations about breaking wage caps or signing quality players who were apparently available when other teams were looking to make mid season signings, let's hope this is resolved in the off season.

AJ73

Let's not be sore losers, let's not lay our loss at the feet of refs or wage caps.
Giants deserved their win - we did well to keep up with them and take them to a 1 period shootout. Hell of a game for 50 mins

But, this league needs reform from administration point of view. You can’t have a set of rules be blatantly broken and just ignore the issue and hope it goes away.

BostonBart22

We over achieved to get to the playoffs never mind the final, we'll done to the best team in the league, in a nice way keefe will be off to pastures new now and and some core of players, Belfast will be in transition next few seasons like us last 2 seasons.

GAVIN

We over achieved to get to the playoffs never mind the final, we'll done to the best team in the league, in a nice way keefe will be off to pastures new now and and some core of players, Belfast will be in transition next few seasons like us last 2 seasons.
Why would he go anywhere? Why does he want a new challenge where he can just win almost everything?

doron

for me it's not so much as consistency, but the way we set up to play the games. the tactics on times are ridiculous, and not logical, lack of a game plan or plan b , and powerplays are mind-numbing. we are lucky to get this far. i don't enjoy this team at all. but are we getting the best out of them ? i think there need's to be big changes starting with the coaches, not impressed at all

Hedd Wyn John

I think it's important to do both. Our loss is down to the many issues we know this team has.

Their victory is, at least in part, down to suspicious circumstances. Would the Belfast Giants of January this year won any of their three trophies?
Can anyone even confirm what the recruitment rules are? Or the what the budget cap rule is? Do we even know if there are actual rules about this?

Belfast recruited well in January but without actually seeing in black & white what the league rules are - what is the suspicion exactly?

jenks33

Disappointing but pleased with the effort overall. We took it to the final 10 minutes which is more than I expected. Belfast were by the far the better team in the final 40 minutes.

Interesting to see what happens in the summer now. Todd has said “minor changes” a few times which is a concern. I can’t fault our effort today but we are miles off Belfast

moggy#9

Disappointing but pleased with the effort overall. We took it to the final 10 minutes which is more than I expected. Belfast were by the far the better team in the final 40 minutes.

Interesting to see what happens in the summer now. Todd has said “minor changes” a few times which is a concern. I can’t fault our effort today but we are miles off Belfast
I would hope that Todd and the owners aren't that deluded. Hopefully this is all about face saving and in the next few weeks will hear that Dupont is moving back to North America for family reasons - unless of course Sheffield have been so impressed by him they want to offer him a job.